Chapter 26: Panic.

~Chapter Twenty Six: Panic~

Marcus pov:

I hold on to Laila's tight grip, which feels like she's breaking my fingers. The nurse told her 'she is doing great, one last push and the baby would be born.'

"I cant do it, I cant."

Laila is crying, still squeezing my hand.

"You can, and you will! You're so brave, come on Laila! One last push and its over."

I brush of her tears, and a few strands of hair that were in her face.

She gives one last push.

"Well done!" The nurse speaks whilst handing over our baby to the other nurse who is helping.

"Wait...why isn't he crying?"

Laila tries to sit up and see whats happening, but she faints back on to the bed.

"NURSE!" I scream, one of them comes rushing over.

"Right she's lost a lot of blood" The nurse rushes out and comes back in with a doctor.

"Lets get her into a theatre. Now!"

I watch as they take her away in the bed she is lying in.

My heart is beating fast, and my hands are sweaty.

"Laila should be fine, and your baby son here is fine, he's just having breathing problems and we are going to put him on a monitor."

I was then left in the room alone, the two people I loved most, rushed away from me, just like that.

~

Laila's pov:

Everything is white, like empty. I feel like I'm going towards a bright light, its so peaceful. I want to stay here in the emptiness.

"Laila!"

"Laila!!"

"Laila!!!"

I open my eyes to see a doctor stood above me.

"Wakey wakey".

"Wh..what happened?" I frown puzzled, forgetting everything.

"You've lost a lot of blood, and we had to stich you up, we are going to take you back so you can see your baby boy." Then everything I forgot came rushing back.

I'm wheeled back into my ward room, to see Marcus sat asleep in the chair, and our baby boy in the hospital cot.

"Marcus wants you to be the first to hold him."

The nurse hands me my baby, before going around to Marcus and gently waking him up.

"Where am I?" He jumps up and then realises he had fell asleep.

He comes rushing over to me.

"I was worried sick about you" He let's out a sigh before kissing my head and holding it for ages.

The nurses leaves us, and Marcus sits next to me, his hand stroking our babies head.

"You two are my little fighters." He smiles up at me and I kiss his cheek.

"What shall we call this little one?"

"Harvey? because you love that name" Marcus questions whilst playing with my hair.

"I think he should have his daddy's middle name, what do you think aye'?"

"Harvey Lloyd Butler" Me and Marcus both say at the same time, whilst grinning.

I hand Marcus little Harvey, and I then rest my head on Marcus' shoulder.

"Welcome to the world Harvey Lloyd Butler" Marcus whispers, the last thing I remember before falling asleep.