Chapter 18: The scan.

~Chapter Eighteen: The scan~

*18 weeks later*

Laila's pov:

Today was the second scan of our baby, and me and Marcus are excited to maybe find out the gender. He is picking me up and then driving us there.

The door knocks and I run to get my bag. I answer the door and I see the boy I was far too in love with.

"Ohh check you out" Marcus winks playfully at my outfit.

"I try to make an effort, unlike some" I grin trying to hide my laughter.

"Ouchhhhhh" Marcus chuckles as I nudge his arm.

We are driving to the hospital and my favourite song came on in the car, so I crank up the music and start scream/singing.

"SMILE SHINING LIKE GOLD, BUT THAT SMILE WASN'T YOURS. AND I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW.."

Marcus joins in.

"EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE, EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE, AND I CHOOSE YOU, AND I CHOOSE YOU" Marcus points at me with his free hand.

I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, meaning we are laughing and trying to catch breath most of the car ride to the hospital.

******

"Appointment for Miss Rose please" Marcus asks the receptionist as he joins his fingers with mine.

"This way" she smiles and guides us to the waiting room.

I'm called in shortly after, and greeted by a nurse named Claire.

Claire squeezes the cold liquid on my stomach, which makes me flinch.

"And there you go, one healthy little baby, would you like to know the sex?" I look up at Marcus and we both smile.

"Yes, yes we do".

"Well congratulations, you have a little Boy."

Marcus grins at me, and we both thank the nurse and leave.

"Well look at that, we have a boy" I smile at Marcus' who's face had fell.

"What's up, aren't you glad its a boy?" He looks down at me before putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Of course i do, I just wanted a girl, so she could look as beautiful as you" My face turns bright red, and I can't stop the grin on my face.

"You're so cheesie Marky, but I love you for it" I laugh him joining in.

********

Me and Marcus go home to chill and eat pizza after the hospital.

Marcus went upstairs and I ring up Zoe to tell her the news.

She is excited and on about baby shopping already.

"Zoe, there's a whole five months to do baby shopping, calm down!" We both laugh and talk some more, before sharing our goodbyes.

~

I hear Marcus talking in his bedroom, so I being my curious self go to look.

"Thank You for all coming to this YouNow, i've had great fun talking, byeeeee."

I walk in sitting on the edge of his bed.

I watch Marcus as he logs out, closing his computer down and then spinning around in his chair.

"weeeeeeeee!!!!"

"Childish Marcus, childish" I stick my tounge out and he sticks out his mocking me.

"That's why you love me! Also people are asking why you haven't been in any of my vlogs recently, see, not everybody hates you" I think back to the hate I got last time.

"Where's your vlogging camera?" Marcus walks over to his side draws, getting out his camera and handing it me.

"Why?"

"You'll see." I turn on his camera, and turn it so the lens is directly on me.

"Hey guys, so I was just sat with Marcus here, explaining how childish he was.."

I turn the camera to record Marcus, he looks at me for a minute before saying to the camera; "Just because i spin around in my chair going 'weeeeee', doesn't make me childish."

He pulls a funny face at the camera, before i turn it off.

"Are you sure you want to be in it?"

Marcus questions as I put his camera away.

"Yes, I love you enough to put up with the hate for our relationship, whether everyone hates me or just a few viewers. "But what if they do see my baby bump though?"

I look down at my slighlty bumped belly, it wasn't a huge bump, I could hide it for only a bit longer.

"Well, they will just have to guess okay?" he put his hand on my stomach whilst kissing my head.

"Lets get some sleep, its been a long day."