A Quick Breakfast

Mal

I woke up next morning feeling empty. I have no idea if it is from not eating dinner last night or how many feelings filled my heart yesterday and the day before.

I have no idea of what to expect today from my mother, but I know it's not going to be good. Maleficent is known for her evil tricks and schemes. The worst case would be being sent back to the Isle of the Doom. Best...there is none.

I am pretty sure our parents are going to kick us all out.

Tap, tap, tap.

"What the..." I turned towards my window to see Jay with a hand fill of pebbles with Evie and Carlos.

"Come down here." Carlos said when the window was fully open.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked while pulling on my favorite outfit.

It consist of a dark purple jacket smeared with green and pink over a black T-shirt with some pink and purple ripped jeans. I quickly tied up my black combat boots and swung my leg over the window railing.

When I got down we all ran for some mud-like coffee. Somethings will always stay the same.

Jay

Walking(well more like running and jumping) through the market felt weird. The continuous stares only made things worse.

Finally, the cafe came into view. The smell of the foul beast who run the shop hit me in the face like one of Mal's smacks.

"Would you like some month old milk in your coffee?" A goblin sneered while pouring four cups of the dark, chewy liquid.

We all looked at one another before I spoke up for all of us.

"What, are we in Auradan or something?" I asked not really expecting an answer. "Give us the most dark, tasteless coffee you got!"

I-I mean we heard some curses about us from the goblin, but we didn't care. As soon as we the beast served us, we grabbed our breakfast and ran out the shop without paying. (Goblins never learned.) And for a second, a quick second, we were all rotten to the core.

Little did they know how much that one second changed their lives.