Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

Our performance was great, definitely better than the expected. We pulled an acoustic cover of a couple of our songs after practicing the same day and for the first time. We pretty much nailed it.

I fell asleep all the way back to the hotel and managed to walk to the room half gone. Today has been exhausting.

Dinah follows me inside to gather her things and wishes me good luck. Camila enters just seconds after, accompanied with her suitcase. It's not until then that I abruptly wake up. She's using her headphones, so I respect that and go to close the door.

"Goodnight, y'all!" Ally screams from the other end of the hall we share.

"Great start, don't you think, Camz?" I ask when she puts her phone on the nightstand.

"Mhm." She replies dryly. That's unusual.

"Yeah, well, I guess we should get some sleep..." I mumble, shutting up at the sight of tears gathering in Camila's eyes. "Camz, what is...?"

"What were you thinking, Lauren? Why would you and Dinah fake something as messed up as that fight?" I feel a lump in my throat and that old adrenaline of being busted. I turn around, searching through my clothes for nothing actually. Well, that is the best way of confronting my problems. "Don't you ignore me, Lauren. What was that all about? What could you even win from that? I was worried to the bones." The frustration is exuding from her. I've no idea of how did Camila find out, but I wish she hadn't.

"We didn't think..." My hands are shaking because of the nervousness. I cannot just tell her the truth so out of nowhere. "Fuck, you're crying." I step closer to her, ready to embrace Camila, but she walks away. 

"Why did you do that, Lauren?" She demands trying to hold back her tears, unsuccessfully. I stay in a deep silence. "Fine, don't answer, Lauren, that's perfect. Look how mature you can be." I look down, knowing that she's right. How can I be honest when that means I have to expose my feelings?

Camila groans and locks herself in the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. There is nothing I can do, at least nothing I feel ready to. I sigh and slowly go to sit on my bed, without a clue of what am I supposed to do. Camila ignores me before undoing her bed and then lays down. I mimic her and cover myself up with the warm blankets, turning off the light.

I can only listen to her quiet sobs.

"I am truly sorry, Camila. This was not my intention."

Camila's POV

"I didn't imagine that it'd affect you." Lauren whispers again with her raspy voice broken, I can sense the insecurity in her words. What is she afraid of? "I didn't want to make you cry, Camz." The quietness of the night allows me to hear her standing from her bed and her footsteps stoping right next to my bed. I put the blankets down, facing her silhouette. Lauren turns on the small lamp between our beds. The light is enough to reveal our emotions. "Please, stop crying, Camz." She sits at the edge of the mattress carefully, as if being too close to me could hurt her. Before I can realize, I'm sitting up as well. "I hate seeing you suffer."

"Why, Lauren? It want to know why." She moves her hands up to my hair, stroking it slightly, fearful of crossing an inexistent line for me.

"I couldn't find a better excuse to be with you." She admits shyly, breaking her touch. 

The intensity in her eyes is magnificent, it adds pigment to the green in them. My mind starts to cloud, getting lost in her natural beauty, there is something so captivating about Lauren. Because yes, she is beautiful, but there is this thing I can't explain that just pulls me towards her.

"Why did you do it?" I persist, pushing her to finally admit it out loud. "Why did you want to sleep with me?" I feel my cheeks blushing. Nevertheless, Lauren doesn't realize about my slip.

"Camz..." She whispears before sighing. Lauren isn't going to make it easy for either of us. I may not be the best at this, but I have to take the lead then. That's why I decide to cup her face delicately, stroking her skin, trying to tell her everything with my touch.

Lauren leans in, making our breathings collapse. I have always admired her tanned skin, dark hair, and dazzling-green eyes to die for. Being this close to her, I cannot help but notice how sweet her smile is, and how desirable her lips look.

________________
Hope you like it xoxo