Chapter 20

Camila's POV

"How? How can you be so perfect? You're so fucking perfect, baby." Lauren whispers in my ear. It is late, the night's cold and dark, the lights and the loud music from the club had disturbed my senses.

"You smell like alcohol." I laugh, letting her stroke my face. We are outside the club, at the back. I needed air and Lauren said she needed some too, just to come with me. At our right, steps away, are two guys smocking something I doubt is legal.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" Lauren smashes her lips against mine and I cannot contain a smile, this wonderful girl is adorably clumsy.

"You also taste like alcohol." I tell her and she laughs against my lips. Lauren has reached the point where everything and everyone is funny. "Laur, what are you doing?" I ask chuckling when her hands find my back pockets, she sinks them there. It doesn't feel like she's trying to pull me closer, instead she is looking for some balance. Lauren smirks and kisses my neck briefly. "Not here, Lo." She pouts.

"Are you having a good time, Camzi?" Lauren raises an eyebrow and I help her wrap her arms around my neck, making sure I grab her firmly by the waist. 

"I'm having a blast." I give her another kiss. Her smile grows and my heart melts.

"You know what?" She doesn't give me time to reply. "There's gotta be a million faces up in this room, but the only one who gets my attention is you.
I got my best on and I feel like dancing all night long. Nothing's gonna stop me. You're what I want. So, baby, come and get me." She sings while moving her head. "Cause I don't wanna dance alone." Lauren kisses my cheek loudly.

"Are you asking me to dance with you?" My face will hurt tomorrow for smiling this much. I'm sure the butterflies in my stomach aren't because of the small amount of beer I drank earlier tonight.

"Bingo!"

Normani's POV

I was dancing with Dinah until a guy asked her to dance with him and she didn't hesitate to accept the invitation. I went back to our table, to take a brief break and text Ally. She decided not to come. I was tapping when a par of hands covered my eyes.

"Hello there, goddess." This has to be Ally. "Are you single tonight?"

"What are doing here?!" I ask surprised and standing up to hug her.

"I was in the hotel watching some show but then it ended and there wasn't anything interesting, so I decided to come and bless y'all with my presence." She shrugs. The music is loud and we have to scream. "By the way, where is everyone?"

"Dinah is dancing with a guy over there." I show Ally where.

"Uh, nice!" I nod, if I'm being honest the guy is really handsome. "And the other two?"

"They are..." I try to remember, but I haven't seen them in a while. "I've no idea."

"Let's go dance! I didn't come here to be sitting." I nod again. We make our way through the bunch of people and finally find a good spot to dance.

"I have lost all the girls now." I was supposed to be in charge since Ally wasn't here. Dinah's still dancing, but she is at the other side of the club.

"Well, I've found two!" She points behind me. "There they are, Camila and Lauren." I can barely hear her, but I follow her finger and yes. They are dancing and laughing. I smile when I look at Lauren, she's too drunk. "Let's go with them." We push some drunk people to arrive to where the girls are.

"Hi, Mani!" Lauren jumps to hug me. It actually feels more like a tackle. She stares at Ally with confusion, but doesn't say anything and instead turns back to Camila. We start to dance, I look at Lauren sporadically, who keeps dancing with Mila.

I think that in moment I realized there was something strange with them. Maybe it was when Lauren put her hands on Mila's waist or when Camila spun around in Lauren's arms. Maybe it was their smiles. Or the words they were constantly whispering to the other, even when I couldn't hear them because of the noise. However, that was the night I found out they were together. The famous sixth sense helped me to understand that Lauren was in fact Lucas.

Lauren's POV

I was having so much fun. I didn't drunk too much, but no one seemed to believe me. While dancing, I let my hands accidentally touch Camila and I let her bump into me. I felt protected surrounded by drunk people. I took her by the waist a couple times and whispered in her ear stupid things just to have the opportunity of kissing her cheek. I really needed that night. I didn't care about who was watching us, I truly wanted to be with her.

I stare at Camila who is looking at the window. Her beauty is admirable, unreal even.

"I love that you are like a princess. A little princess with beautiful brown eyes. But what I love the most is that you are my princess." I whisper in her ear while the other girls laugh loudly. If we had been alone I would have definitely kissed her.

Dinah and Ally have been joking with the driver, and for the first time in forever I actually find Dinah's jokes hilarious, but I am sure that's because of the alcohol running in my veins.

We arrive quickly to the hotel. The streets were empty and apparently so is the hotel. Only a couple of workers are around.

Camila offers herself to help me, since my balance is completely gone. We get inside the elevator, but we don't talk, it isn't necessary. I just hold her hand and enjoy her company. Before the doors open, I make sure to kiss her goodbye in the sweetest way I can. 

"You finally arrive." Normani tells me as soon as I put a foot inside our room.

"What did I do now?" I sit next to Dinah on her bed and the strong movement makes me even more dizzy.

"Are you gonna tell me what the hell is going on with you and Camila?" I freeze. Is she mad? Normani won't approve it, of course she won't. She must think that it is too wrong. But I cannot lie anymore.

"What are you talking about?" I'm not  going to lie, but neither am I going to say it all.

"Lauren, cut the crap." She looks serious. I think I've never felt this sober. "Don't make the fool, you know what I'm talking about."

"I..." How the hell do I even start?

"Talk, Lauren." Normani demands.

"She doesn't know what the hell is going on with Camila!" Dinah  interrupts, defending me. "Do not pressure her, because you aren't going to make her talk. Besides, you're being rude." I nod slightly and move closer to Dinah, looking for her protection if needed.

"Okay."  Normani sighs, offering an indirect apology. "You and Camila... you are like an item now?"

"I guess you can say so." I admit shyly.

"And there isn't any Lucas?" I frown, what is she talking about? "Mila told me there was this guy called Lucas who gave her her first kiss and then she cried because she was scared Lucas wasn't sure about the idea of them being together because he was Jewish and she isn't..." Her voice and her expression change throughout the story. She just realized about Camila's lies.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lucas." I extend my hand in her direction before laughing. Well, maybe I'm not really sober after all. Dinah laughs with me and Normani waits for us to shut up.

"Have you two... kissed?" Normani asks curiously.

"I bet the last time Lauren kissed Camila was in the elevator just minutes ago." Dinah replies and I nod again, smirking at the thought of her soft lips.

"Oh..."

________________
Hope you like it xoxo