Chapter 11

Camila's POV

"When did you have your first kiss?" My face paints red. Jack left minutes ago, and this other guy doesn't pressure us to answer like he did. Otherwise I would be the focus of attention. I know I cannot let the world know but it feeld extremely grest to think that my first kiss was yesterday. In the right moment and with the right person.

"Fourteen." Lauren says with a smirk, giving her that cute and sexy look that makes me crave her more.

"I honestly can't remember." Normani shrugs not caring a bit.

"What about you, Camila?" I glance at Lauren for less than half a second, her whole expression is begging for silence, almost panicking.

"I don't play." Ally hugs me sideways. We have talked about this a million times, and they still believe I haven't kissed anyone. The interviewer gives me a look full of tender that almost offends me. Lauren stares blankly at the ground. "I haven't had my first kiss yet."

"Now changing the subject, tell me things that remain you of Lauren?" I sigh in silence, everything. Dinah almost falls from her place to look at me. I swear her attitude is starting to freak me out, it's too uncomfortable.

I take a risk and decide to talk.

"Life?" I receive a confused gaze form everyone. The only person I avoid to look at is Lauren. "I mean, they say green is the color of life, because well the best landscapes are covered in green and my point is that you just need to see her eyes to understand what I am trying to explain." I wave my hand, to rest it attention, I also make sure to talk as if means nothing, when in reality I can feel my pulse in my ears.

Lauren's POV

I give her a smile, only for Camila. I don't move or hug her nor say anything, I simply smile in reply. This is wrong, knowing her words are more meaningful than people think, it's so wrong. That's why I reproach myself for the way she makes me feel, for how easily she can shake my world.

"I really enjoyed chatting with you girls. You are all fantastic people..." I stop listening to everyone else and instead I try to find an explanation, something to help me clarify my mind.

For the rest of the afternoon I stayed in silence, caught up inside my thoughts. Trying to go back to that specific moment where my heart started to feel more for the Cuban girl, when her friendship wasn't enough anymore. There wasn't an exact place or an exact hour, but I knew that yesterday wasn't out of nowhere, I wanted that kiss.

Camila's POV

"It wasn't like that, liar!" Dinah and Mani have been fighting about who said and did I don't know what in I don't know where. "You were the one who threw the bottles and blamed it on me before running away!" Ally, who wasn't there but apparently understands the story, is laughing.

"That does sound familiar." Dinah stutters, trying to hide her guiltiness with a smile. "What can I say? I got scared." Normani pushes her face away.

"You betrayed me, asshole." Mani accuses her, finally laughing as well.

I look at Lauren who is sitting on Ally's bed, engrossed in her phone. What a shock, right? She's bitting her lower lip, while her eyes are traveling around the entire screen. Every now and then she raises her head quickly as if making sure we are still in the same room.

"Hey!" Dinah slaps my arm and my face smashes against the mattres for the second time today. "Stop throwing popcorns at me!" I look at her without any clue of what's going on. Normani starts to laugh, gaining Dinah's disapproval. "You idiot!" In a blink of an eye, Dinah stands up and tackles Normani, who defends herself right away, both hitting each other and laughing. I take the initiative to pull them apart.

"Are you too gonna fight all night? I want to sleep." Ally complains. Dinah jumps next to her and that's our signal to leave. Lauren and I say our proper goodbyes and head towards our room.

Lauren remains in a deep silence, she just walks typing something on her phone. I start to think about how well I know her, her expressions, her attitudes, her knacks, now I even know how she kisses and the way her soft lips taste. Just the thought makes me blush completely. Lauren's cold hand grabs mine sweetly. Although her eyes are full of tears and I don't understand why, I decide to respect her privacy.

She closes the door right behind me and blocks my way, forcing me to face her. Her hand finds my waist and she pulls me closer with a shyness that seems too unknown for those green eyes. Lauren kisses my cheek and stays in that position, with her lips grazing my skin.

"You are too good for me." Which sounds like her chosen version of it's not you, it's me.

____________________
Hope you like it xoxo