Chapter 18

Camila's POV

I love looking at her while she talks and gesticulates, when Lauren is in a good mood she's amusing to watch. Although everyone is laughing with every word that leaves her mouth, I feel fortunate for being able to hold her hand through the whole dinner. Our link is duly hidden under the table. Lauren moves her hair to her left side and catches me staring at her in silence. She smirks slightly and squeezes my hand. I turn red and focus my gaze on my breakfast. I hear her chuckling.

I wish I could kiss her right now and then tell her how gorgeous she is. There's a certain tiredness in her face, but she still manages to look breathtaking. Besides, I love when she's this happy. You can't blame me for liking this woman so much.

Lauren's POV

Camila is the most obvious person I've known. Today I'll let it slide, but she can't act like this. Camila keeps staring at me and I can almost swear she's been checking me out. I mean, I usually do the same, I just know how to dissimulate.

I allow myself to close my eyes when she signs, her sweet and exotic voice makes my heart flutter. I love how she sings, everything in her voice sounds perfect.

I can feel her eyes looking directly at me, but when I look back, she blushes and breaks our eye contact. She's truly adorable.

I told her that I don't know if we have something. I don't even know what we are doing, I know how much I love  kissing her and just be around her in general. There is something holding me back, though. I am terrified of how this is going to turn out. The uncertainty of not knowing what the future holds is agonizing. However, I want to be with Camila.

"Laur, how do I say this?" Normani asks me, pointing at her lines in one of our songs in Spanish. "Souleidad?"

"So-le-dad." I answer saying all the syllables slowly.

"Sou-lei-dad?" She say, still pronouncing incorrectly. I see Camila going to the restroom. "Lauren, help me!"

"Sí, lo siento, a ver es así, escucha. So." She repeats after me "Le" She repeats again. "Dad" She chuckles. "Now say it all together." I approve her pronunciation this time. "Exacto, ya lo tienes, ahora espérame. No me tardo." Her face shows me how confused she's, but I stand up and almost run towards the restrooms, following Camila.

Camila's POV

"What is this?" I say looking at my hand which is dirty.

"I think you touched something weird." Dinah smells it and pushes my hand away. "Puaj, Camila, go wash your hand! That smells like shit!" I raise my eyebrows. "Well, not actual shit but you get my point."

I nod awkwardly and leave the room. I use so many soap that all the place smells like watermelon. I take a moment to look at my reflection. My face detonates that I haven't slept, or at least I feel like I've not.

"You need to sleep more or you're gonna end up being only dust." I tell myself.

"Take her advice, she's a smart girl, with fantastic taste." Lauren appears behind me, with a bright smile. She wraps her arms around my waist and rests her chin on my shoulder. "Hello there, beautiful queen of the dissimulation." I turn around, letting her peck my lips slowly.

"Look who is talking." I tell her, remaining us our location.

"That would be your fault, because you choose to share rooms with Ally instead of me." She cups my cheeks. "So now I need to take advantage of every moment with you." Lauren whispers before bitting my cheek playfully.

"¡Guácala! Lauren, don't do that." I tease her laughing and she chuckles.

"Love me a little please." She jokes back. Her pleas are easy to satisfy. I trap her lower lip between mine and stay there for a while, playing with her mouth. "I like you more like this."

She pushes me, trapping my body between hers and the sink. Our reflections as the only witnesses. Her kisses cloud my mind. I let her hands travel upside down my body at the rhythm of her desire. Our desire. I explore the new territory with my tongue. However, our atmosphere collapses when the door opens.

Lauren jumps away from me. I turn around to pretend that I'm washing my hands. Normani enters to the bathroom whistling, unaware of our nervousness. My heart's beating a thousand miles per second. Lauren's breathing irregularly.

"What are you doing, girls?" She ask curiously, but not actually paying us attention. "Plotting something?"

"Plotting?" My voice shakes as much as my hands. I can feel my pulse in my ears. It even scares me that she will hear it. Why did Normani need to enter and break what Lauren and I had built up?

"I'm always plotting something." She looks at me. A malicious smile lands on her face. "Always."

_______________
Hope you like it xoxo