Chapter 13

Normani's POV

The plane's about to take off. I look at the window to admire the sunrise, this is definitely the right hour to be awake. I turn off my phone and relax on my seat, until Camila's hyperactivity breaks my peace.

"Mani, let's play something." She almost jumps in her sit, slightly moving the sleeping man next to her. "Or maybe just talk." She chuckles nervously. "I can't use my phone, I'm bored and we'll be here for ages." Camila fakes a fuss, kicking the seat in front of us, which fortunately is empty.

"Alright, let's talk then." I clap trying to be as silent as posible. "Tell me about Lucas, are you two still in touch?" She has been really quiet about her Prince Charming lately.

"Yeah, we're still in touch." A big smile pumps out on her face. "We have always been in touch, I guess."

"Aren't you afraid of him making your phone number public or somethint?" I raise an eyebrow, playing with her. Camila simply shrugs.

"He knows how to keep a secret and I know he's an extremely good person. In fact, the day he ki- I mean the last time I saw him.-" She corrects herself, but not soon enough for me not to notice. I cut her off.

"Eh, eh, eh, Camila Cabello, what were you going to say?" She looks so nervous.

"Nothing, just that I trust him. I trust him as a friend." She says trying to convince herself first.

"As a friend? You kidding me?" Camila is head over heals about him. "I thought you were in love."

"I'm not sure if I'm in love with him." Her voice shows me her real confusion. "Can I be honest with you, Mani?" 

Her question almost offends me, but I nod and she closes her eyes to sigh deeply. She glances at the man, to double check he's sleeping. I stifle a laugh at his sight, and Camila gets slightly closer to me so I can hear her whisper.

"He kissed me." I almost choke with my own saliva. "And afterwards he asked me if whatever we have or could have could be a secret." She plays with her fingers. "Then he told me that I was too good for him." Camila breaths in with exasperation. "When I asked him what was happening he didn't trust me enough to tell me and now I don't know how he feels or what he wants, but for me it's already too late. I really like him."

Camila's story takes me aback, I never thought she was keeping that inside. She finally had her first kiss and the guy isn't sure of what he wants, what a dumbass. Camila is a great person, he should be happy to even have a chance.

"The day Jake gave me his number, I got really confused, because I swear that if it had happened before all of this, I would have called him right away. However, I realized that I don't want anyone else." She can't contain her tears anymore. It's devastating to see her like this. "I think that he doesn't want to be with me because no one will accept us, not even or parents, nor the fans, no one. He cares more about people's opinion more than about me."

"Won't accept you? Why wouldn't they accept you?" She dries her lonely tears and sits up, a bit uncomfortable with the question for what it looks like.  

"Mmm... Because..." She cleans her throat. "He... he is Jewish and obviously I am not."

Oh, so then it is about a religious subject. I can understand that Lucas's parents want a Jewish girl for their son, but Camila's parents wouldn't have a problem with it, I know her dad and he's an understanding man.

"Oh, Mila." I hug her, I don't know what else to say and instead I give her a shoulder to cry on, so she knows she has my support.

I never thought that Lucas was actually Lauren. I totally believed her story about the girl in love with a Jewish guy, scared of their parents reaction.

Lauren's POV

Ally's sitting at my right and Dinah at my left, one sleeping and the other reading, meaning I'm completely bored. Specially because Camila is at the end of the plane with Normani.

"Lauren, stop moving." Dinah puts her hand on my knee. "You are gonna make a hole."

"Sorry, is just there's nothing to do." My nervous tic won the battle over my leg.

"You should have brought a book."

"I did, but I don't want to read."

My sister gave me a book before leaving home, but it is one of those romantic novels, which are extremely cheesy. I really like rrading, mostly everything I have the chance to, but every single sentence remained me of Camila and I had to put the book down.

"Well, take a nap." She goes back to her book.

I sigh and take a pencil and my notebook. I open the little table, with no idea of what I'm going to write about. My mind immediately thinks about Camila's beautiful brown eyes and my hand writes in symphony with my emotions, the ones I've not been able to express correctly. 

..

"What were you writing, Laur?" Dinah asks me when we we finally arrive.

"A declaration of my intentions."

_________________
Hope you like it xoxo