Chapter 31

Christmas 7:00 pm

Lauren's POV

I'm sat on the sofa with my family. We are watching a movie, having a family moment, it is almost a tradition. Chris and Tay fought over the pop corns for some minutes until my mom shut them up because she couldn't hear the movie.

My heart and mind are with someone else, though. I receive a message.

"I give up, I can't continue like this."

I freeze, my heart stops beating and I have to read Camila's message many times to be sure it is real. But she wouldn't do that to me, it's impossible. I simply just replied.

"What are u talking about?"

Her answer didn't take long.

"It's hard to explain. I honestly rather tell you in person."

"Lauren, something wrong? You're not watching the movie." My dad brings me back to earth. "Give me your phone, honey. We're all here and I don't want you absorbed in your phone, come one." I nod, he does have a point.

"Dad is right." Taylor looks at me. "Besides, it's Christmas. Your fans aren't gonna die if you spent some time with your family for one day."

I turn off the notifications and hand him my phone, I don't need more problems. I have to admit, it isn't the first time that this happens, I use my phone a lot and they don't really like my bad habit. However, I still cannot concentrate. I don't understand what is happening with Camila and I'm more than worried about her.

The rest of the afternoon is calmed, everyone tends to be extremely nice today because of Christmas. Only God knows the name of the movie we are watching. I stopped trying to understand the film when I did a question and they shut me up. Therefore, I am just eating pop corns and wondering what is Camila's problem. When it ends I go upstairs to my sister's room. We listen to music and she informs me about her life. It's amazing to spend time with my baby sister.

Later that night we decided to go for a coffee, there was still a lot to talk about and a coffeehouse would be a nice place. Besides, Chris started to be a gossip.

11:00 pm.

The night is cold but the lights of the city look amazing. Because it's an special day we can go back home whenever we want to.

"Isn't it beautiful?" My sister questions, staring at the decorations.

"It is." We are far away from our house and we still haven't found a good coffeehouse. "We should head bac..."

"Lauren!" She hits my arm, cutting me off. "Isn't that Camila!?" Taylor points a person who is sitting on a building's stairs. "Yes, yes! That's her!" I cannot see her well from where we are, but Taylor has always had a better view than me. "Camila! Hey!" She calls the brown-eyed girl, while running towards her.

I don't comprehend what is Camila doing alone this late, specially in Christmas Day. I walk towards her and then I remember her messages. Shit! I didn't call her to know what was wrong, I totally forgot about my phone's existence.

She is there, wearing a red hoodie, her eyes swollen and staring blackly at the floor. Camila reacts until my sister's third scream, she turns around and sees us, stands up immediately and dedicates us a tiny smile when my sister hugs her. She gives us the kind of smile which hurts, the smile that you dedicate to a people who you wanna make believe everything is excellent, even when you are in the worst moment.