Chapter 34

Camila's POV

He is outside my house, waiting for me like we had previously agreed. He is looking at his hand nervously and is holding a red flower. Some people would think that's nice from him, but all I can think is that it's too cliche. I finally take courage and open the door to face him. When he sees me, his smile grows immediately, it is too perfect in not a such a good way. His eyes are spectacular as well. However, those hazel eyes aren't at the high of my girlfriend's hypnotizing green eyes.

"Hello, beautiful." Jack seems more shy than when I saw him in the coffeehouse. He hands me the flower and kisses my cheek. I smile and accept it politely.

"Hi" I try sound excited, but fail miserably. Jack doesn't even realizes and grabs my hand quickly. "Where are you taking me?" I ask grinning.

"To where I first saw you." He winks at me before opening the door for me. "Thanks for giving me this opportunity. I swear I'm gonna make it worth it."

"It's not that hard to impress me." I joke laughing.

"I don't want to impress you, I want to make you fall in love with me." Uh, that's too soon. Jack grips my hand and kisses it sweetly.

This is gonna be more difficult that I thought. He puts the car in movement and the radio starts to sound. Somehow the radio station is only playing melancholic music, which makes me get lost in my thoughts. It's something usual for me, when I'm in a car, I focus on the music and let the landscape present in front of me while I'm absorbed by my thoughts. He grabs my hand all the way, driving with the one he has free, and I am watching the cars and people passing by, wishing to be with someone else, neither of us talk. I mentally thank him for not being one of those people who can't keep their mouth close for a second, because that would have made this worse.

"I wish you good luck, baby. Remember how much I love you."

Lauren sent me that in the morning. She understood she needs to let me go out with Jake, but even if she understands it, that doesn't mean she's happy with the idea. I promised her I have no feelings for Jake, that between us isn't gonna happen anything, but I couldn't skip the date.

"You came from far." I say after letting him speak.

"Well, my family still lives here and I arrived a week ago." He shrugs. "But I would have gone to France if you had asked me." Jack rushes to add.

He is charming and way too handsome. Tall, hazel eyes, blond, good body. The best thing about him is definitely his gorgeous smile, which in fact made me fall in love with him years ago.

"That's sweet." I confess.

"A beautiful girl deserves to hear the most beautiful things." His lines are a little bit classic. Anyways, they sound great in his lips.

The car stops in front of a grey building. It is our old school. Although I don't have the best memories from those days, the nostalgia invades me. We leave his car and this time he links our fingers, it feels wrong and I almost break the connection, but I need to make it look like the date is really important for me.

"Let's go inside."

"How?" I laugh. "It's closed, holidays, remember?"

"Nah, it's not necessary to enter through the main door." He drags me to the back of the school, where isn't more than a wall. Jack bents down. "Ladies first." His smile convinces me, so with his help, using his back as a chair, I jump to the other side. Just for the record, the wall is kind of small, enough for me to break in. He doesn't take long to appear next to me. "I want to play basketball, let's go to the gym, shall we?" He proposed. I know I suck at sports but I accept his petition. Jack hugs me. "I wish I had been brave enough to talk with you when we were prisoners of this place."

Lauren's POV

I cannot avoid thinking about Camila being on a date with a guy who she once was in love with. I picture her between his arms, while he tells her all this nice things. I believe I'm starting to go crazy. I have never been so overwhelmed in my life.

"Lauren, stop bitting your nails or I'm gonna hung up." Dinah obeys me. I am making FaceTime with her, trying to distract myself from thinking about Camila, not succeeding obviously.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"There you are again, inventing all those weird scenarios of Camila and that guy." Dinah affirms.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not." I say playfully under her gaze.

"Don't forget it's only because she is forced to, she's not there because she wants to." Her voice sounds exasperated, she might have told me this a couple times by now. "She's doing this for you two."

"I know! But I have been with guys from here, they're all the same. If you get distracted they'll try anything."

"Hey, give them a chance, maybe they were just too enchanted by you." Dinah jokes chuckling and I shake my head.

"Yeah, maybe is that, I'm stunning." I continue her joke.

Dinah had forbidden me Twitter. She hasn't shut up about how if someone sees Camila with Jake everyone will start talk about it, and actually the management is gonna take charge of filling the Internet with their photos, Dinah says I'm just going to get jealous for nothing. I know I'm not supposed to look and that she has a strong point, I know it perfectly, I swear. But I ignoring her warnings I do it anyways.

"Who is Camila with? What is his name? He's completely handsome, way to go, Mila!!"

That is the first tweet I see. It's from one of those accounts that are always informing everyone about our whereabouts and activities. They're impressive, sometimes even scary, but they always have good pics to steal and it's also an amazing way to keep up with my life. I open the image, expecting to see them together. Which is exactly what I'm welcome with, a photo of the lovebirds talking inside a restaurant, he's to close for my liking. The photo isn't the best but I can still recognize Camila. I skip to the next one, this was taken from a table near them. It's the first time that I am seeing Jake. A more than handsome guy. To help with my luck Camila seems to be enjoying his wonderful company.

"What are you doing?" Shit! I forgot about her.

"Nothing, replying a message." I see a couple of tweets and lots of photos. They are laughing, walking, holding hands, things Camila is too comfortable with. "I should be there with her." I mumble.

The most hurtful thing is her smile, it isn't fake at all, in fact it's similar to the one she has when she's with me. I feel horrible when I see a photo in which they are hugging. Why are they doing that? His hands are on my brown-eyed girl. I start to pester myself.

The fans find out the name immediately. After some minutes of people guessing, dramatizing and creating nonsense rumors, his name filtered. How? Well, I'm almost sure the management did so. All our fans are talking about Jake and Camila.

"You're a terrible liar. Really, Laur, you gotta work on that." Dinah breaks the silence. "Close Twitter, you cannot be there right now. It won't help anyone, nor Camila, nor you, nor your relationship." I feel like a kid.

I look at her smile once again, that smile is the one saved for me. Only my hands are supposed to be on her waist and only my fingers are supposed to be intertwined with her's. It isn't fair to my heart, it should be me, I should be there with her, making her laugh, hugging her, winning her smiles. Besides, Camila promised me she was going to send me a message while she was on that stupid date, just to confirm that I was still on her mind, but the message never arrived.

"I'm going to lose her."

__________________
Hope you like it xoxo