Chapter 33

Lauren's POV

Camila is sitting on my lap, with her head resting on my shoulder and while I'm a lucky prisoner of her legs, wrapped around my waist. It is late and her dad is coming to pick her up. I've no idea of when I'm gonna see her again, if we are gonna need to wait until the holidays end or if our parents are gonna let us hang out at some point.

Camila closes her eyes and smiles, her fingertips are drawing invisible figures on my face. She looks so peaceful, delicate, fragile. However, I know she is stronger than everyone believes.

"What is going to happen now?" I ask.

"They're gonna punish us, the management always finds out about everything and tonight wasn't dissimulated at all." She's a point.

"Maybe we won't see each other until January."

"January 13." She says, still playing with her fingers over my skin.

"Too many days." I complain, sinking my head in the crock of her neck.

"A day already has too many minutes without you." Camila stares into my eyes. I give her a smile when she her hand lands behind my neck. Camila reunites our lips in a sweet touch. I am going to miss her so fucking much.

Someone knocks on my door.

"Camila, your dad's outside, he's waiting for you." Taylor tells us, not actually entering to my room. She simply informed us from the hall.

"Don't forget me if we can't secretly see each other one of this days." Camila pleas when we stand up. 

"Don't be silly, babe. I'll never be capable of forgetting you." I say honestly and she turns around and to hug me.

"Can you walk me outside, please?" Camila's fear is visible. I grab her hand tightly, showing I am here to be her rock whenever she needed me. We go downstairs and before opening the door of my house she gives a kiss which tastes like goodbye. I cannot retain her anymore. Nonetheless, I don't speak, I just see how she gets inside the car, smiles at me for the last time and then leaves. I sit on the porch until my sister comes looking for me.

"Let's go inside, Laur, otherwise you're gonna catch a cold." She helps me to  stand up and guides me to my bedroom. I'm just thinking on what is coming next. If someone saw us, everything will start to collapse.

Camila's POV

The ride back home with my dad is more than quiet, you could have heard a clip falling. He didn't look at me and I didn't greet him. The twenty minutes that I passed inside that car felt like a life. When I arrived home, my mom hugged me, and I let her. After that we both cried and she made me tell her the entire story. I told her what I really thought when I first saw Lauren, and how my feelings evolved ever since. I also told her how I felt the first time our lips touched. I didn't give too many details about what I do with Lauren because my mom didn't need to know. I just told her how alive she makes me feel. How much I love her and how happy and lucky I'm for being with her.

Then I explained her why the management forced us to lie, to creat a big mess, how scared we were and are about the possibility of destroying everything. I told her that Jake was just a friends who's trying hard to accomplish something I'm not willing to be a part of. I stated that I won't stop looking at Lauren the way I do, at least not now that I'm so in love with her. She cried a lot, she really did. My mom cried with my words and I knew how hard it was for her to understand everything, but she did an immense effort not saying something that could have hurt me. She asked if Lauren wasn't more than a stage of my adolescence, and I answered that if she's a stage of my life, then she's the most beautiful stage and I'm gonna take advantage of the time we stay together. I didn't talk with my dad, he didn't want to. I went to sleep really really tired, exhausted even. This was the first of all the battles that are about to come.

"Camila, wake up." My mom's voice makes me open my eyes slightly. "You've an important call."

I stand up with laziness and take the phone while she leaves my room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Camila. I think we have a problem." Our manager. Great, great, great, and just great!

"What now?" I roll my eyes.

"You and Lauren, where were you two last night?" Then the memories hit me. Fuck, Lauren had kissed me in that place where we ordered the coffees.

"We..."

"I told you both NOT to go out, and I said it clearly." Well, he isn't being polite. Shocking. "You never listen to me. But guess what, now is too late to remind you of all the possible consequences. There are photos of you two hugging in a coffeehouse, and in one it even seems like you're kissing."

"Seems?" I question.

"We're extremely lucky that your fans aren't good photographers. We'll need to work really hard to hide this, to make them forget. We have come up with an excellent plan, I already talked with your mother."

"What has my mother to do with this?"

"She is as worried as us and she actually came up with the plan herself." My mom? "If you want to keep your contract with us then you'll need to do find a boyfriend."

"A boyfriend?" Why in the world?

"Your mom told us about this guy called Jake." Not him again!

"Do I have any other options?"

"No, you don't. Is either that or you're gone from the industry."  Wouldn't be so terrible.

"But there aren't any consistent proofs."

"If you keep up like this, there will. Now I'm gonna hung up and you are gonna call Jake and settle on a date, I'll call later to make sure you obeyed my orders."

The call ends, leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. I want to cry, I feel the tears filling up my eyes, but I contain them. Lauren is more important than everything for me, but for the same reason I need to obey, because it's not just about me, it's about four other girls who love what they do and so do I. Now I have a bigger problem. How am I supposed to explain Lauren that I have to find myself a boyfriend?

_______________
Hope you like it xoxo