Chapter 26

Camila's POV

I didn't want to listen anymore. I already knew nothing giid had been said in that call. I didn't want to be involved with anything that could screw up the group. I was feeling awful and I just wanted to cry all my emotions out, but not in front of them. That's why I decided to run upstairs, in my head it was gonna be sublte and they wouldn't even notice, however, I did exactly the opposite and dragged their attention. Still, I desperately needed to be alone and the first door I reached was the bathroom.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask my reflection trying to calm down.

This shouldn't be happening, maybe if I hadn't admitted my feelings for Lauren everything would be completely different, but who am I kidding? She fascinated me immediately, since the moment her eyes met mine a day hadn't gone by without my heart beating for her. We became great friends faster than I could even react and before I knew my feelings for her grew and I couldn't stop them nor ignore her any longer. I just can't imagine my life without her.

They are probably going to have us denying everything and then ignoring each others presence, not siting together in any interviews, no interaction, no tweets, no friendship, as if we were two strangers. The damage is already done. The fans aren't talking about 5H, they are talking about Lauren and I.

"Camz, let me in." Lauren knocks on the door, I haven't heard her until now. "Camila, please open, I can hear you sobbing. Please let me help." I stand up from the bathroom's floor cleaning my tears and then seeing my reflection once again. My eyes are red and swollen, my cheeks are wet and I simply look like a mess. I don't even care if Lauren sees me like this. "Camz..." She sighs closing the door behind her and rushes to hug me, wrapping her arms tightly around my waist making me feel safe somehow. "It wasn't that bad, actually. They aren't too angry, it was more like a warning." Lauren moves a strand of hair away from my face and strokes my cheek. "Babe, you are shaking." She says with concern. I am trying to hold my tears and that's why I don't reply. Instead I break the hug and step back, trying to breath better. "Camz, don't do let them break you." I feel my body suddenly shaking awfully and I cannot stop it, neither am I breathing correctly, it is painful to inhale even a little of air. I can feel my throat closing, and everything is starting to be extremely blurry. My sweat is most definitely not helping.

"I... can't, Laur." That's all I manage to say. I want to run away, to go for fresh air but my knees are too weak. I know exactly what is happening, I have had anxiety attacks before but it always feels as horrible as the first time.

"Camz? Camila, what's going on?" I  close my eyes, I am so dizzy. "Sit down, please, baby. I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do." Lauren says with exasperation before helping me to sit. She touches my forehead. "Camila, you're burning! Hey, babe, please look at me, okay? Everything is going to be fine. Just look at me. I'm not leaving you, I don't care who the hell tells me to, I won't leave you. You come before anyone and anything for me, but please tell me how to help you." I hear her far away, my priority right now is to breath, but her words help me to concentrate. I put my hands on her shoulders pushing her slightly away and she understands that I need air. "Hey, look at me, Camila. Just look at me." I finally do as told. I know she is being honest and those beautiful green eyes give me the strength to calm down. Although it does take me a while to do so.

"I'm sorry." It's all I have to say. I sit on the floor. "For what is happening."  Lauren sits next to me and holds my hand.

"You scared the fuck out of me, Camila." I nod, it wasn't my intention. "You were completely pail and shaking and all sweaty. I thought you were going to pass out." I caress her hand and we stay in silence for some minutes. "I'm glad you feel better but, why did you react like that, Camz?" She questions curiously, there is no judge in her voice. Lauren is my safe space.