Chapter 16

"So let's walk?" I asked as looked up at him.

"Sure" he replied as he realised me.
We both started walking towards the ice cream parlor, hand in hand. My life can't be any better!

***

"Where were you guys?!" Kevin asked as we reached the parlor.

"Dude chill it's pretty far. We were walking not running" Jacob said as he rolled his eyes. I wanted to laugh at Jacob's reaction. But I controlled myself.

"Yeah it was a pretty long walk" I said but my words came more as sarcasm to Kevin.

"Stacy can I talk to you for a moment?" Kevin asked.

"Well you guys can talk later let's get some ice cream!" El jumped in between. I knew El was doing it to prevent the fight.
Kevin said nothing. He started walking towards the parlor as he left I took a breath of relief.

"I'm gonna kill that guy" Jacob said.

"Yeah me too. Maybe I can, after the fight we are going to have" I said.

"You can predict?" he asked.

"Yeah pretty much. Now let's go and have some ice cream!" I said as I pulled Jacob, he smiled and we both walked inside the parlor.

"Hm....I'll have a fudge browny. Double scoop" I said as as I examined each and every flavour.

"Sure ma'am. And you sir?" the ice cream person asked Jacob.

"I'll have the same. Thank you" he said.

"Ok sir. So it's two fudge brownies. Double scoop each. Righ sir?" the person asked as she typed our order.

"Yes" Jacob replied.

"Sir it's ten dollars. Thank you" she said as she handed Jacob our bill. He took it from her hand and pulled out his purse; he made the payment and in sometime we got your order.

"Hm...yummy!" I exclaimed as I licked my ice cream.

"Yeah it is" Jacob said as he smiled at me.

***

Our cab just pulled out of Richard's mansion. Jacob was sitting in the front seat. Me on the window seat, El in middle and Kevin on the other side.

I was staring out from the window. The town was lost in death silence. The roads were empty. Only the traffic lights were the one who were on work. The sky was painted in volite colour. The starts lighted the whole sky, dancing and chattering. The wind was cold and soothing. As the wind passed, it felt as it was touching my face gently and going. I'll never find such peace in my town, ever.

"So we reached your place" Jacob said as he turned back.

"Yeah. Thanks Jacob for the ride" El said as she thanked Jacob.

"You're welcome" he said as he gave her a smile.
He was staring at me, looking for my eyes, waiting for my eyes to meet his.
"Stacy?" he called out to get my attention.

"Yes?" I answered as I wiped my eyes. I didn't even realise when tears pooled my eyes. Jacob's heart ripped off seeing tears in my eyes. He wasn't able to hide his pain, and it appeared on his face.