Chapter 2

"Who are you really?" Sherlock looked mad. Gray stood in the corner with her arms crossed watching Jim.

"My name is Gracelyn Holmes, and I am your daughter. My mother and you had a one night stand in college, and came the birth of me. My mother's name is Katherine Moriarty, the sister of Jim Moriarty. Also known as your long-time nemesis." Gray kept her hands folded and watched the men in the room.

"Wait, so, you have been lying to me since you got here two years ago?!" Gray nodded her head in agreement to Sherlock's question. "Why?"

"I was waiting until Uncle Mycroft would allow me to." Gray still had the kid in her, but she serious on what she said. " Basically, now I can say this. Uncle Jim, meet my dad. Dad, meet my Uncle Jim." Gray smiled, but not for happiness, or sadness, or anger, but annoyance.

"Mycroft explained to me that you lived in an asylum because of your emotions. Is that right?"

"Not fully. I have a tad bit of Multiple Personality Disorder. The other personality is a psychopath, while I am a high functioning sociopath. Also I show no true emotions. I only show anger, happiness, and emotionless. I can show love, but don't know how to." Gray hopped for her father to see that she is actually like him, a lot.

Sherlock collapsed in his chair. Under his breath he mumbled words that shocked everyone in the room. "How could I have not have realized this?" He looked heart broken. A fake laugh came out of him. "And I am suppose to be her father, and a detective." Sherlock slumped in his chair.

Suddenly he sprung to his feet and grabbed Mycroft by the collar. "How could you!" Sherlock had tears in his eyes. "How could you hide her from me! Her father. I could have protected her."

"No you couldn't." Mycroft hit Sherlock off. "Her mother died in birth. You were a drug addict and in an institute, and Jim was a psychopath that could kill her. The safest place was with me, but when she turned 8 she was scary. Smart, knew everything about everyone, photographic memory. Although she had all of that she was psychotic. Was a sociopath and had MPD. Grace would show no emotions at all." Mycroft sighed and took a sip of the water next to him.

"Uncle Mycroft, please stop calling my Grace. My name is Gray, nothing more or less." Gray kept her arms folded and just watched everyone in the room.

"We hid her for your protection." Sherlock look hurt at Mycroft and slouched in his chair again.

"My protection. MY PROTECTION! That is the biggest lie I have ever heard since Moriarty." Jim smiled.

"Hi." He waved his hand and instantly John walked in.

"Are you sure you weren't hiding her for her protection, for your protection? Are you sure you were not afraid of me, and you wanted her to be locked up? If that was it than why?" Sherlock calmed down a bit. "You put her, my daughter, in an asylum. If you were going to protect her, then why did you not just put her into a family senter?"

"We did, but no one wants an emotionless daughter." Mycroft look angry, and Gray's heart sank. She felt that this was all her fault, and it was.

"What the hell is going on in here?" John said this making the two brothers stop arguing.

"John, it's nothing. Just family business." Gray went to escort him out.

"No this is not nothing. Are you telling me that you are Sherlock's daughter?" Gray nodded her head in agreement.

"And my niece. Sorry, I don't speak much." Jim said this after getting a glare from people.

"Well, this is new." John put his hands on his hips and sighed. "Fine. You know what fine. Excuse me." He walked over and sat in his chair. "Don't stop because of me. Continue." John gestured for the two brothers to continue their rampage of arguments.

Jim walked over to Gray and put his arm around her. He leaned over to her ear and whispered, "Don't be afraid. You can come live with me if you want, and you would not have to worry about people not loving you." Gray got out of his grasp and moved towards Sherlock.

"Get the bloody hell away from me." She was shocked with her words. Gray liked her Uncle Jim, but was afraid of him. She did not know what he would have planned for her if she went with him, so the best thing she could think of was to stay with Sherlock.

"That brings up where Grace will live. Grace, you have a choice to live with me, Sherlock, or Jim. All three of us are capable to take custody of you." Mycroft was about to get of Gray's nerves.

"Never you, and Uncle Jim scares me. Plus, why would you give me a choice?" Gray looked at her Uncle in anger.

"You're a sixteen year old girl, of course I am giving you a choice." Mycroft sighed. "Although I suppose it is settled. You will live with Sherlock." Mycroft turned to leave with Jim.

"What!?" Both Sherlock and Gray said this.

"You did not choose me or Moriarty, so I suppose you should live with Sherlock." Mycroft was right. Gray wished the world to live with her father, but was a tad bit afraid. Did he want her to live with him?

"Fine, Gray can be my new flatmate." Sherlock turned towards his violin and began playing false notes.

Oddly enough the false notes were soothing to Gray's ears. Mycroft left in annoyance, John made him a sandwich, and Sherlock began playing a real song. Bach's Partita No. 2 in D minor, one of Gray's favorite songs. There was a women in the asylum that would hum this all the time. She would not speak to anyone, nor sing anything else; but would just hum this song. The annoying sound of it stopped, and it eventually began to be soothing to Gray. Almost comforting, and making Gray forget where she was.

Gray slumped in Sherlock's chair as he stood.

"What are you doing?" Sherlock stopped and looked down at Gray.

"Oh, don't stop dad. Play." She cuddled in the chair. Sherlock seemed to choke on the air. 'Dad' the first word to stump Sherlock since John asked him to be the best man at his wedding.

Sherlock picked up the violin and started where he stopped. Gray closed her eyes and found the music soothing. Once Sherlock got a high note on the E string, Gray was already asleep.

Sherlock looked at the sleeping child. She looked peaceful. Her black wavy hair faded around and over her face. She was a tad bit pale, but the two years being Sherlock's housekeeper allowed her to get a bit of a tan. He put the violin down and just looked at Gray.

"Gracelyn Holmes. I like it." Sherlock wasn't talking to anyone in particular, but John happened to be there.

"She reminds me of you, always has. Not to mention she looks like you Sherlock." Sherlock laughed at John's remark. "Want me to put her to bed?"

"No, I will. She will sleep in my bed tonight. I will sleep in your old one." Sherlock put Gray in his arms.

"Alright, but never say that again, please."

"What?" Sherlock looked down at the blond man.

"That you will sleep in my old bed. Technically it's Gray's bed now, but considering it mine might make people talk." Sherlock laughed and walked away from the doctor.

He kicked open his door and walked to his bed. Carefully he laid Gray down and covered her up.

"I guess she does look like me." He sat on the bed stroking Gray's head. "16 years, I have been away, or not treated you how I was suppose to. My daughter, Gracelyn Holmes. Goodnight, love." Sherlock bent down and kissed Gray on the forehead.

"Well, you don't see that everyday." Mrs. Hudson and John stood at the doorway observing. Mrs. Hudson had whispered this to John as they walked away.

"Especially from Sherlock Holmes." John and Mrs. Hudson chuckled. John sat down and began reading his newspaper again.

Sherlock looked at his daughter with love. Stroking her hair. "16 years." The same words kept being repeated and repeated to himself. Eventually the high functioning sociopath got up, shut the door and left Gray in private.

A new adventure was just beginning for Sherlock Holmes, and that adventures name is Parenthood.