Chapter 16

Gray straitened her bag and smiled in the mirror. The bandage was all red now, so she changed it out. "One week, until I can get these stitches out." Gray touched the metal wiring and put the clean patch on.

"I'm ready to go!" Gray ran down stairs and met Sherlock in the 'living room.' That is what Peter refers it to.

"You look beautiful. A bit too beautiful for work. Are you sure you are up to this. It is an annoying job, and you could just work here with me." Sherlock had a pouty face on.

"I am sure, dad. Plus, I need to make money of my own if I am going to pay for my flat." Gary smiled up at her father. "Also, how can working in Scotland Yard be that bad."

"Very. There are many consequences. I wrote them all last night." Sherlock went to his website.

"Please don't tell me you went to the site that has the tobacco information. Ugg, that is really annoying. Plus, no one looks at that site." Gray grabbed the computer and went to John's website. She handed the computer back to Sherlock. "Get yourself a case. Please."

"I have to agree with Gray." John walked in from the kitchen. He had a cup of tea and looked pleased with Gray's appearance.

Finally Gray pulled on her trench coat and flipped up the collar. "Bye!" She ran and kissed her father on the cheek. She gave John a hug, and ran off.

"Look at that, she has grown up so fast." John teased as he sat down in his chair. "Gray is right. We need a case. You have over almost a hundred emails. Start looking."

Sherlock sighed and grabbed the computer.

~*~*~

Gray's heart raced. Memories of the day before ran across her mind, but she tried to ignore them. Nothing bad could happen today. Gray knew of this.

LEstrade welcomed her and gave Gray her badge. He explained the place and showed Gray around.

"And here we hold the bloody criminals." Gray walked next to Lestrade. Some of the criminals whistled, and others yelled cat calls. "Hey stop it!!" None listened to Lestrade.

"It is alright Detective. I am use to this by now. I got worse in the asylum." Gray walked to each cell door and read the signs. "Alright, the last two." Gray smiled. Today had been a great day so far.

She grabbed the first one's folder.

Peter Holmes

Attacked and beat a man half to death.

Kept in here under the will of Mycroft Holmes.

Gray looked through the cell and saw Peter laying on the mat asleep. She felt the urge to punch him again, but just went to the next cell.

Bartholomew Hugo Grant

Sexually attacked a girl.

Kept in here under the will of Sherlock Holmes.

Gray looked through the cell to see Hugo sitting on his mat. He kept eye contact with Gray, but would not say anything.

He didn't sexually assault us.

"I know, but the cops think that he did." Gray was getting use to talking to Grace.

Tell them the truth. Get our friend out of there.

"Not yet, I want him to suffer for awhile." Gray kept eye contact with Hugo.

Hugo stood up and walked a bit towards Gray. "You really are afraid of me. Aren't you?" Hugo looked hurt, but Gray did not act with emotion. Just one, hate.