Chapter 25

This day can't get worse. Gray, I will come out if you want. That is when Ryu comes.

Grace was right. This day couldn't get any worse. Gray stood looking at the two words on her phone screen. Hugo walked over with the last piece of clothing.

"Here you go." Hugo stretched out his hand towards Gray, but she was almost frozen in her spot. Hugo leaned over and looked at the text. For a small second dark circles grew under his eyes, but the disappeared. "Don't think about it too much." He turned off her phone and threw it in the bag.

Gray walked out with Hugo holding her hand. Sherlock, John, and Mycroft watched Gray. She took in a deep breath and then smiled. "Come on, don't want to miss our cab."

She walked out the door and into the cab. Ryu was out and back, and not even a month after their little encounter. Why was she acting so scared? Gray was so confused with her own emotions. She is suppose to be the daughter of Sherlock Holmes. The man with no heart.

In her entire life, Gray has never felt that scared, I am going to die, feeling. She has always brushed things over, and forgotten about them. Why was she acting like this now? Just for a psychopathic serial killer. She has had psychopaths hunt her, and want to hurt her, but brushes them off. What is so different about Ryu?

Maybe it's because you never expected him to be like this. I mean, I even thought Ryu would be a good friend, but refused to admit it. Let's be clear, I refuse to admit anything.

"Maybe you are right, Grace. Maybe, it's because I befriended him, and I didn't with the others. That could explain why I am also so scared of Psycho." Gray watched as everyone said their goodbyes.

The cab door to her left opened. Hugo smiled and sat next to her. He watched as she stared outside of the window. Hugo wanted to comfort her again, but thought that she might lash out.

Sherlock got into the cab and they began to make their way to Baker Street.

~*~*~

Gray sat criss-cross in John's chair and read a book called Crime and Punishment. It is about a psychopath who has conflict with himself. He knows that killing people is bad, but still continues. Gray found it a really interesting book.

Hugo sat on the couch and looked at the local newspaper. Something caught his eyes. "Sherlock!" Hugo stood up. The grip on the paper was firm.

"What?! I am right here." Sherlock sat at his desk looking at his computer. Hugo threw the paper in his face. "What? 25% off all purchases?"

"No." Hugo turned the paper around to the front paper. It was a picture of Gray, and underneath it said:

A New Holmes? Could She Be the Unforeseen Daughter?

When our reporters were at the local shake shop. A new crime broke out. What came to shock was the detective in charge was not Sherlock Holmes. Mr. Holmes seems to be downgrading on his game play. Although, could he be dealing with something else?

This girl (photo above) has claimed to be called Gray Holmes. Our reporter overheard the commotion going on, as she deduced what the crime was. We talked to the forensics on site, who gave us some information on the girl. The man (who will be kept anonymous) said that the girl, Gray, told him that she was Sherlock Holmes daughter.

Could the world's greatest Consulting Detective, be in dear trouble? Coud his career come to an end? What else has the great detective hidden from us all? Those are just a few of the questions that should be asked. Just keep it in mind. If Sherlock Holmes hides a family member, than what else is he hiding from us?

~*~*

"Gray!" Sherlock turned and threw the paper in her face. She didn't even budge as it hit her. Gray just sat there like nothing happened. "Why would you say these things to a forensic scientist? You should not have said these things! Now all of London is going to think that I am some type of fraud."

"I didn't tell him that. The scientist. I didn't tell him that. All I told him was my name. Check with Levi, he was there." Gray took the paper off her head. "Plus you have to take into consideration who the scientist is." Gray looked up at her father, emotionless.

"Then who was it? Who would say this?" Sherlock seemed a bit annoyed. Alright, maybe a bit more than just a bit.

"Anderson. Phillip Anderson." Gray looked back down at her book. She turned the page and read on the new chapter. Sherlock grabbed the book out of her hand.

Gray looked up at her father. "You have gone to far. You shouldn't even have told him that. Anderson will always lie, and if he feels something that is not true, he will say it is. That is what makes him so pitiful and stupid."

"Fine, yes you are right. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken. If you are worried with your work being in jeopardy, then no need. I quit." Gray got up and walked out of the room.

"What do you mean you quit?" Sherlock remarked.

"I mean, I quit being a cop. I quit being a psychopath! I quit being your daughter!" Her voice echoed through the loft.

"Gray!" Hugo noticed something blinking in her arm. He walked over and took it. Hugo observed it and finally discovered what it was. "A tracker."

Gray took her arm away. "Don't touch me there." She rubbed her arm and turned around. Hugo realized that someone was tracking her. "I know Ryu has been tracking me. That's why I need to leave." Tears were coming down her face.

"I don't want to get you guys hurt." She began to cry into her hands.

"How long have you known?" Hugo looked annoyed and hurt. He felt betrayed, because Gray didn't trust to tell him.

See, she is loosing trust. Psycho chuckled.

"When Ryu touched my cut. He had put the tracker in, and that's why I winced." Gray looked at the long scar on her arm.

"How didn't the CAT scan machine pick it up?" Hugo looked longingly at Gray. How could she not trust him? He was her boyfriend, and best friend.

"It's plastic. All of it." Gray looked down and began to walk out. "Don't look for me." She realized that that could have been the most ironic thing she could had said. Especially when she had a bloody tracker in her arm.

Hugo went to follow, but Sherlock grabbed his arm. "Give her some time." Hugo thought that it was stupid to let her go on her own, when a raging psychopath was hunting her down.

"But-"

"No 'but', just sit. We can wait for Gray here. I promise you she will be back." Sherlock sat in his chair and Hugo sat on the couch.

I wonder where she would go?