Chapter 33

"Come On!!" I was already five minutes late, and with no cab's stopping I was going to be even more late. "Cab!!" Finally one pulled over. "Scotland Yard!" I gave the driver some money. "Please, Hurry."

Today was the day I have been waiting for. The day Ryu leaves London and goes back into the jurisdiction of South Korea.

"Hello?" I answered my phone as the cab drove up to the building.

"Where the bloody hell are you? The Islam Police are getting a bit mad, and some things they are saying I don't understand." Levi was whispering into the phone.

"I'm here. Just tell them to wait two minutes." I got out of the cab and ran inside, meanwhile hanging up the phone with Levi.

When I did get in Levi quickly raced over to me. "What took you so long?"

"No cabs." We walked over to the Korean officials and Islam Police. I smiled upon seeing them all. "Annyeonghaseyo."

They all looked at me in shock. They bowed and said hello to me. "It is nice to finally meet you Officer Holmes."

"Detective." I corrected them with a smile. "May I ask your names?"

"Detective Ha." One officer shot out his hand and I shook it.

"Detective Yang." The other glared at me and put his hands in his pockets.

"We will direct you to where we are keeping Ryu." Levi and I showed the two men to our secure prison.

My heart raced as I took out my keys. The door to Ryu's cell was in front of me, and I was about to walk inside.

"She is the one who was torchered by Ryu." The Islam officers were saying this in Korean to each other. "Why didn't he kill her?"

"That's because she was a case like Oh Maria. He liked her, but in the end, probably was going to kill her." Detective Ha said this to Detective Yang.

"I expected him to kill me. If that meant the girl Maria you speak of is alive, then I don't care." I looked behind me and smiled at them.

"You understand us?"

"Of course. I speak and understand Korean." I unlocked the door and walked inside the cell.

Ryu, or what the Islam officers say, Ryoo sat on his bed and looked up instantly. A small grin appeared when he saw me, but then disappeared when he saw the two officers.

"Yeah!" Detective Yang walked up. He hit Ryu on the head. "You moron, what were you thinking? You are in our jurisdiction now, so don't expect the nice treatment they gave you." He yelled this at Ryu while hitting him and beating him.

"Stop!" I ran over and pulled Ryu away. I got in between Ryu and the next punch. IT his my shoulder, which began to ache instantly.

"Hey! She said stop!" Levi waked up and drawn his gun. Detective Yang backed away with his hands up.

"Put your gun down." Levi did as said. I layed with my head buried into Ryu's shoulder.

Ryu began to pet my head. I instantly shot my head up and became eye to eye contact with Ryu. A small smirk grew across his face.

"Uh..." I backed away and stood up. Levi pulled me a bit towards him, and Ryu got up off the floor. He wiped some blood off of his lip.

"That really hurt." He chuckled to himself, but then his smile disappeared. Ryu went back to the serious self he was when we first walked in.

"I am sorry, but Detective Yang, until Levi and myself sign the paperwork, Ryu is not in your jurisdiction. Now, I don't know how you do things in Korea, but in London, we do not torture our prisoners." I rubbed my arm a bit. Quickly I lifted up my sleeve to look at the bruise and my scar showed.