one

a/n: make sure to watch the trailer to this book above before reading! Thank you to travestiously for the amazing trailer!

- BritishBums x

_____________________________

-

-

- Hailey -

-

It's a Sunday night and since Stacey bailed again to sneak into some frat house party at UCLA, everyone in the group chat agreed we'd hang out at my house.

I agreed, only because it was perfectly great timing. My mom was working a night shift until morning today and basically I was home alone.

Glancing up boredly at my television, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was playing on the screen.

The dark room almost glowed because of the light as I stared boredly.

I've watched this movie literally about ten times now. Not so surprisingly, I knew almost every classic horror film by heart. Hopefully that wasn't the weirdest thing ever.

I gasped, jumping. At the roar of the chainsaw, the doorbell rang behind me.

Rolling my eyes and laughing to myself, I ran a hand through my short brown hair.

I straightened out my baggy white tee shirt as I peered through the peep hole.

I see Ashton in a hoodie, just staring aimlessly at the bushes making me smile.

As I swung the door open, he sent the warm smile right back at me.

"Hailey."

"Ashton." I nodded once, taking a step back for him to come in.

"You're early?"

"Luke and Mallory are coming in a few. Were you reading the group chat at all?" He chuckled, his hazel eyes locking with mine.

I swallowed hard.

Somehow, I knew exactly why he was here so early.

"Ashton." I sighed.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't have anything to tell him.

As soon as he had closed the door, he pins me right against it, making me curse.

"W-we can't do this." My eyes widened.

"Why not?" He breathes down my neck, making me close my eyes.

"Because you're with Stacey. She's your girlfriend, Ashton. I can tell, I'm clearly nothing more than a distraction to you." I tried to push him away.

I imagined my hands pressed against his chest, but I decided against it.

"My girlfriend hasn't exactly been here for me. Has she, Hailey? Tell me that." He draws away from me and sets a hand on the wall behind me.

"I know, you guys are having some type of rough patch but I don't want to be in the middle of it. She's my friend, you're my friend Ash." I shook my head, staring at him.

"Then be my friend right now. Please Hailey." He sighed, his eyes nearly pleading for my greenlight to kiss him.

Before I could say anything he leaned in hungrily, soft lips meeting mine roughly.

I'm weak under his touch, as I tilted my head, my lips parting.

"I didn't say..I was okay with this." I breathed shakily.