seventeen

-

-

- Hailey -

-

-

A few hours later, the party had felt far more dead than it was when we got here. Once Ashton and I scoped the area with the paranoia of someone under a Ghostface mask hunting us down again and ended up with no trace of anyone on our backs whatsoever, we had bit. Nothing was going to come after us. Not tonight.

It was going to be a normal night, why were we so afraid of something that couldn't exactly be possible? It was Stacy who they found dead, and was the suspect after all.

The girl had just went psycho. No one could've known she'd snap like this, though- to the point of having a hatred that drove her to desire blood being shed.

And I hope to God, she burned in hell.

Lola and Calum didn't deserve what came to them, and to this moment I still feel that pit in my stomach. It was wrong, twisted in every way.

As I weaved my way through the bodies surrounding the open space, I found myself peeking into a neon lit shed curiously, to find Evie, Ashton, and Michael sat in a circle with other people from school.

There was a marijuana joint going around, Evie inhaling briskly before glancing over at me and pulling a small smile.

"Hails, wanna join? We were just getting into playing spin the bottle."

I swore Evie was borderline having an anxiety attack a few hours ago once she got here, and now she was burning that joint like nothing of the sort had happened.

"No smoking for me. But I'll play." I shrugged, smiling as I glanced at everyone.

It was weird. We hadn't all really sat in the same room like this for the longest time, and now that we were brought back together, I wasn't sure it was a good or bad thing.

"This doesn't feel right." Michael blurted out, mostly our friend group glancing over at him.

"Tell me about it." I released a breath, running my fingers through my brown hair.

"No, I mean there's no way we're all together again. Not without Mallory or Luke." Michael shook his head.

"Well they've got to be here somewhere. I'll go get them. And some drinks." Ashton nodded once.

"Woah, who said we were drinking tonight?" I argued, furrowing my eyebrows.

"One drink isn't going to hurt anyone. And we've cleared the place. No one's even here." Ashton leaned in, pushing my hair to the side as he had purposely spoke into my neck.

"I'm not drinking." I quickly interjected, Michael groaning as he threw his head back.

"It's been months, Hailey. You know, our lives don't always have to be speculated crime scenes."

Everyone turned to Michael as he rose his voice through frustration.

My heart sunk at his words, and suddenly the silent room had began to feel eerie.