five

a/n: IM CRYING OUT OF MY BUTTHOLE THIS GIF KILLED ME OMFGMDKX

- BritishBums x

______________________________

-

- Evie -

As soon as we had arrived to the funeral, I searched the graveyard and glanced at the cars parked on the sidewalk.

Last week, Detective Jones, the man who was on this case about Stacey, told us that he'd have his partner officer on this case as well, just making sure to keep a constant monitor on us, as well as anything on the outside.

So far there has been nothing, except today. Coincidentially, it just had to be the day of the funeral.

This was the second time something just completely out of the box happened.

Somehow, I had the feeling that this was just the beginning of this trip to hell.

"Evie, the funeral's about to start. We can talk to him together after the ceremony." Mallory murmured into my ear.

We sat near the front where Stacey's family sat, a few rows forward.

They were dressed in black from head to toe.

My attention immediately went back to Mallory who had this uneasy expression on her face.

"I think I see a police car.'' I whispered. "It could be officer Hanson."

"Evie, I'm just so scared.'' She said shakily, Hailey looking over at us.

Lola was silent, gulping. "Let's not talk about this here. Not now."

"I'm going to be back. I can't last another second just keeping this between us." I sighed, getting up from my chair.

I brushed my fingers over my black skirt, glancing up.

I run into someone, as I stepped forward, gasping.

"Michael?"

"Hey, Ev." He smiled, taking me into a hug.

"You look nice." I took a good look at his black suit, and black slacks.

"You too.''

Hailey immediately locked eyes with Ashton, once the rest of the boys came to our row.

I bet everyone sensed how immensely awkward the air in the atmosphere just got.

"Something happened, Michael. It isn't clear evidence, but.. But--"

"Everyone please stand." The priest interrupted me, as I sighed.

"Evie. Tell me, what happened? Anything?"

"I have to get to the police first thing, alright?"

Before Michael could say anything else, I avoid eye contact with the other three boys who stared at me in confusion.

Quickly, I ran across the grass field, towards the police car that was parked next to a curb.

-

"Officer Hanson?" I tried to say straightly.

He hadn't heard me the first time, seeing my voice was so shaky.

"Tom." I nearly yelled, tapping my knuckles against his window.

He sat up, rolling down the window and sending me a small smile.

"Hi Miss Halton."

I tried not to get distracted by his undeniably charming and attractive looks, only because I was focusing on one thing.