Chapter 37

The end of the summer was nearing.

Cameron and I are still going on strong and are with each other all the time.

I guess you could say I've changed.

Changed from who I was before the summer at least.

I don't want to go back home, because maybe I'll change back. I like myself a lot more now.

I mean, I also don't want to go back because I'm gonna miss Cameron and Kian and everyone else, but I'm scared of whats going to happen to me.

But I'm trying not to think about that too much though.

I was currently cuddling with Cameron in the living room as we watched a movie.

"Jord." Kian came in the room.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking away from the tv.

"It's Mom." He said, handing me his phone.

I sighed and sat up, grabbing the phone from him as Cameron paused the movie.

"Hello?" I said, Kian walking out of the room.

"Hi Jordyn." She said.

"Hi Mom." I said, leaning back into Cameron.

"So summer is almost over and school is starting soon." She said, going straight into it.

"Yeah, I'm aware." I said.

"When are you coming back?" She asked.

"Do I have to?" I asked.

"Yes Jordyn, of course you do. You need to be home with your family and finish school." She said, sounding exasperated.

"But I am home with my family." I said quietly.

Cameron hugged me and rubbed his hand up and down my arm.

"Jordyn." Mom snapped.

"What?" I said.

"A few months ago you hated your brother and refused to talk to me because I sent you there." She said.

"Yeah, well things change. Isn't this what you wanted? For me to have a better relationship with Kian and for me to change?" I snapped.

"Yes of course, but it is time to come home." She said.

"I am home." I said.

"Jordyn." She sighed, sounding done with me.

"I'm done Mom, call Kian back later to discuss MY wants and needs. Bye." I hung up and threw the phone on the couch.

"Jord..." Cameron said.

"Don't, just hold me." I said quietly.

He wrapped his arms around me and we just sat there.

"What did she say?" Kian asked.

"I hung up on her." I said.

"Why? What happened?" He asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

"She said I needed to be home with my family, and I told her I already am, and she was being unreasonable, so I told her to call you back later and hung up." I explained.

"Jordyn, I think it would be best for you to go back and live with Mom and Dad while you finish school." Kian said.

"You don't want me here?" I asked, staring at him.

"What are you walking about? Of course I do." He said, grabbing my hand.

I didn't look at his face, just stared at our hands.