Chapter- 39 UNEDITED

ALTERNATE ENDING PART-4

CAUTION: UNEDITED CHAPTER AHEAD. POINT OUT THE MISTAKES

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi! How are you?

Where is my ice cream?

This chapter is dedicated to lifestory1995

This dedication is to encourage people to give me ice cream.

Happy Tamil New Year.

****

Michael woke up at 8:00 P.M. He came outside and went to living room where Jenny was pretending to read a newspaper but she was waiting for Michael to come.  Michael came and sat near her and she pretended like she didn't notice him.

Michael knew that she was angry so he was cautious, "How are you?" He was shocked to see Jenny smirk.

She turned with a smirk and her voice was taunting, "Did you ask me?" Michael who hasn't seen this side of Jenny couldn't help admiring her in this irritated state even.

Good love at bad timing.

After seeing him nod, Her voice showed her anger, "Are you asking how I have been today or past few days when you didn't spare a minute to ask this?"

He knew she was angry on this and he also accepted that he deserved this for what he did. He said slowly, "But you were with your mother and I know that you will be happy."

She was not happy. She was shouting inside her heart I missed you idiot!. But her voice was calm, "What did you do before marriage? You used to call every 3 hours to ask how I am even when I was in my home. Those were to deceive me that you loved me."

Suddenly Michael caught her hand and his voice was nearly broke, "Don't! Don't say things like that. I didn't deceive you. I love you so much Jenny."

Yes, Jenny just wanted to punish him but not to this extend so she decided to leave this topic. Even Jenny can't deny how much those phone calls helped her.

Jenny and Michael were silent for a minutes. Michael was half expecting her to say that she loves him too but Jenny was not in the mood to think of it at all.

Michael continued, "I am sorry Jenny. I know that you are angry on that conversation but understand my situation."

Jenny's voice raised again, "Who gave you the right to have situation? Can't I have a situation?"

Michael knew that he touched a nerve so he said calm, "Yes, both of us had situation. And we fought, I accept. We can't be like people on books and movies living happily ever after."

Jenny couldn't believe what he said, She thought they will have a sort of happily ever after so her voice was not angry but shocked, "So you think we won't have a happily ever after. Is that what you think?"

Michael sensed her shock. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and his thumb rubbed her wrist saying, "Have you seen the movie 'Neethanae en ponvasantham' (You are my golden spring) ?"

She nodded. Michael bent down and said in her ear while his breath tickled her ear, "In the ending of the movie credits they show 'They lived happily ever after with little cute fights' We will have that kind of ever after."

Jenny's mind calmed down and she was going to lean on his shoulder when her mom came in while asking, "When did you wake up Michael?"

Michael stood up shocked leaving Jenny's hand to the disappointment of Jenny saying, "Now only Aunt."