Chapter-40 Unedited

ALTERNATE ENDING- 5

CAUTION: UNEDITED CHAPTER AHEAD

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

How many of you expected this fast update?

Will anyone give ice cream for this at least?

Oh My Lord! See these people!  No one has the mercy to give ice cream to a small boy!

But here this small boy is writing to make everyone smile.

This Congrats to scarlet_sugar  YoungLady_21 _legallycrazy_who have been shortlisted for Your Story India competition finals.

Can you please show your support for them?

****

Michael came inside the room and was shocked to see Jenny's face on her hands. It broke him so much that he ran to her. He kneeled beside her and took her face on his hands. His voice was dripping with concern, "What happened, cutie?"

Jenny couldn't even recognise the new word he used as her mind was filled with confusion, "Are you Michael?"

That question startled him so much that Jenny could feel him shaking. Still he got the strength to nod which was destroyed by her next words, "No! you are not! Michael gives me clarity even when I am surrounded by mountains of confusion but you are giving me sky confusion when I am standing on a grassland which is clear as a crystal."

Michael felt like banging his head on red hot iron rod after hearing her word. He couldn't hold her face more so he stood up and moved back. He had his face on his hands and ran a hand through his hair. He could hear Jenny's sorry miles away from him.

Don't go away from me like your voice, Jenny.

He turned to see Jenny's tear socked cheeks and ran to her again. He sat behind her and wrapped her in his arms. Jenny cried to his shirt while saying something like sorry but he did not understand why she was saying sorry and his ear couldn't hear half the words she was saying.

She was scolding herself for saying those words as she knew that it hurt him a lot but Michael was not hurt by her words but by his own mistake.

He was cursing himself for not saying the entire truth. The thought she might say this was always on the back of his mind but he never though he will hear it.

How foolish of myself.

After crying for some time she stood up and washed her face, on normal days he would have helped her but today he couldn't do anything.

He tried to go out after she came but she stopped him. She saw his hair going everywhere so she combed his hair and rubbed his fave with a wet kerchief. They went outside and tried having a normal conversation with others.

Every one knew that Jenny was sad and that's why they asked Michael to talk to her but they were shocked to see Michael sad too now.

Jenny on the other hand was cursing at herself for melting on his hands. She talked to them till they went to Manoj's home. They ate dinner silently.

Jenny's parents were worried to see Michael silent too. They went inside their room. Jenny was standing by the bed. Michael caught her hand in his hands and stroked her wrist with his thumb. Jenny was struggling not to feel relaxed after his gesture. she wanted to be angry.