Chapter 1

"Hey, guys," I started saying, it was one day before me and my friends started our sophomore year of high school, "are you guys excited for school tomorrow?"

I got three disgusted looks, "no, I never want this summer to end," I heard my friend, Skylee, complain.

"I agree with Sky, this has been the best summer ever," Misty agreed, Sky is what we called Skylee for short.

"Eh, I'm kind of excited, but not really," Camille said, she's the type of girl who does not care, unless it comes to her friends.

"Come on guys, I bet this year will be fun, I'm just getting a weird feeling that it'll be the best year ever."

"It was the best summer ever," Camille said, she's trying to be optimistic.

I saw Misty get up from my pastel purple bean bag chair, "do you guys wanna go for a jog," she asked, she's the athletic one in our group, but we all stay pretty fit.

"I'm up for that," Sky said, and then Camille and I just agreed, why not.

"Where are we gonna go," Camille asked.

"I don't know," Misty said while shrugging.

"Let's go to the mall, we can get our hair done, nails done, and we can pick out outfits for each other," I said.

"Ooooo, that sounds amazing," Sky exclaimed, I love Sky, I love all of them, but Sky is just... different.

"Alright, but, can we just walk if we're going to the mall," Camille asked.

"Why not," Misty said, again, while shrugging.

"Alrighty," I said, "let me get my money and stuff," I ran to my closet and got my purse, wallet, phone, and keys, "shall we be on our way," I said while bowing and hold my door open for the others, they all laughed, I love being the funny one.

At the mall...

"They've added a lot of store's since we last came here," Sky said with a shocked look on her face, we hadn't been to the mall in about three months because we were working at the public pool.

"Well," exclaimed Camille, "don't just stand there, let's go in here," I looked to where she was pointing her finger and it was a shop called Spirits.

"This looks really cool," I said as we walked in, "did this catch your eye, or did you just randomly point somewhere?"

"I just randomly pointed somewhere," I was expecting an answer like that from Camille because she's a funny airhead.

"Let's start with jewelry," Misty yelled.

"Sh," Sky exclaimed, "you're gonna embarrass us," Sky said while laughing, she was laughing because we always act like this, it's sort of an inside joke, but not really.

"Woah," Camille said, I saw her walking towards some necklaces, she's never into jewelry, Camille is also more of the tomboy in our little group.

"If a necklace caught your eye, then it's probably a really cool necklace," I said, following behind her and the others.

"Seriously Olivia, have you seen these," Sky asked me, "come here," before I knew it, she pushed me to go look at them.

"Woah," I said, they were beautiful necklaces with crystals hanging from them, "you can see the sparkle in the crystals."

"And look, there's a little story on them," Misty said.

"Those who wear, must prepare, for they don't see, the responsibility," Camille read aloud, "cool," I watched her pick one up and she looked confused.

"What is it," I asked her.

"There's no price tag on it, I actually kind of want one," I saw her mouth something to herself.

"Huh," Sky said.

"They're titled with elements, air, life, water, fire, and death," we saw one of the employees walk by and Camille asked, "how much are these?"

"They're fifteen dollars a piece."

"Okay, thank you," once we were sure the employee left Camille then said, "that's expensive, but I feel like I have to buy it."

"I have enough money for one," Misty said.

"I do too," said Sky.

"I also do," I butted in.

"Well, I do too, but that's really expensive for a necklace," Camille said.

"Well," I started, "if you really like it, then don't be afraid to buy it."

She stared at me with a look that showed she was deciding, "I'll get one if the rest of you guys get one," she concluded.

"I'm up for that," I heard Misty say, "which one should I get?"

"Oh, I know," Sky yelled, "since you like working out, you need to stay hydrated."

"I do not get what you are putting down," Misty interrupted.

"You should get the water one," Sky said in a disappointed voice, but we all knew that it was just because she was the only one who knew what she was getting at.

"Which one should I get," Camille asked.

"Well," Sky said, you really are an expert at fashion and personality, "you're the rebelish of the crew, you just have a certain spark in you, so you should go with fire."

"Sounds cool with me," I watched her pick up a really cool one that looked different form the others, Misty's did too, but I didn't bother to say anything about it.

"Which one should I get now," Sky asked.

"Well," I said, "I think it's time for me to give the fashionista some fashion advice."

"Fine with me," Sky said, and then I looked over to Misty and Camille to see if they were okay with it and they gave me a thumbs up.

"Hmm," I said out loud while rubbing my hand on my chin, acting as if I had a beard, "you're full of energy, you just keep coming, so," I went and grabbed a unique air necklace and held it up, "I think you should go with the air element."

She took the necklace from me and smiled, "it's perfect, but now, which one will you choose."

I looked at my options and realized I was only left with the options of life and death, "well, I got left with complete opposites, life or death."

They all looked at me as if I were crazy, "you're full of life, you're always the life of the group," Camille explained to me.

"You also never lose your light, and you make everyone around you feel like they're full of life," Misty said to me.

"I couldn't agree more," Sky said, they all grabbed the one and only life necklace together and gave it to me.

"Thank you guys," I said while laughing.

After looking around the store a little bit longer...

"Are you guys ready to check out," an employee said to us, she looked a little older than us and she had really long dark brown hair and she had it in a pretty ponytail.

"Yeah, thank you," I said.

"No problem, that's why I'm here," she's very friendly and peppy, I like her, after we checked out and got out of the store we immediately put them on, but we all felt a little... different.