Chapter 14

I woke up when I heard something fall upstairs, "Sky," I whispered to Sky since she was closest to me.

I watched her slowly rise up from her bed as she stretched and yawned, "what's up," she whispered to me.

"I heard something fall upstairs," I whispered back.

I watched Sky shrug and she slowly fell back to sleep, I picked up my phone and looked at the time, 4:32, I saw no use in going back to sleep so I just stayed up and layed on the matress. A few minutes passed when I heard the basement door open, I quietly got up and slowly walked along the wall to the bottom of the steps, "don't scream," I heard Julia whisper as she covered my mouth.

I pulled away from her grasp and asked, "what's going on?"

"Dawn came here last night, she's onto me hiding you guys here," Julia explained.

"Why is she here? Why did you come down here? Wait, who's Dawn?"

"She wasn't in my room when I woke up, I came down here to check on you guys and she's the one training Piper," Julia explained as she started to walk over to the bathroom, "get your necklace on and check the closet."

I quickly but quietly walked over and grabbed my necklace, once I slid it over my head I walked over to the closet and opened it. I didn't see anything so I walked back over to Julia,"she wasn't in there."

"She's not in the bathroom either."

"I heard something upstairs," I said quietly.

"Get the others up and tell them to follow you upstairs and stand by the door and wait for me, okay?"

"Got it," I waited until Julia was upstairs before I started waking the others up, "guys, wake up," I whispered while shaking Sky's mattress.

"What," Camille yelled as she jolted awake.

"Sh," I said while running over to her, "get your necklace on and start trying to wake Misty up," Camille nodded and started doing as I had told her.

Misty was the next one to wake up, "sh," Camille said, "get your necklace on and help Olivia wake up Sky," Camille ran over to mw and started to shake Sky back and forth while I shook her mattress rapidly.

"What's going on," Sky asked as she jolted up.

"Only Olivia knows," Camille said.

"I'll explain later, grab your necklace and follow me, all of you," I said while looking at everyone, they all nodded at me in response. Once I was sure everyone was ready, we started to slowly walk up the stairs and creaked open the door just enough to hear and see what was going on.

"Where are they," I heard Dawn yell.

"Not here, I don't know why you think they are," Julia muttered.

"Dawn, you need to go," Rose stepped in.

"What's going on," Misty whispered, I held up my finger to my lips to tell her to be quiet.

"Did you hear that," Dawn asked, I could hear her walking towards the basement door.

"Hear what," Julia asked as her and her mom quickly ran in front of Dawn, blocking her from the door.

"I know I heard something, maybe, whispering," Dawn said as I watched her try to get through Julia and Rose.

"Nope, you must be hearing things," Rose said quickly.

"Is that door always open," Dawn said while pointing to the door, we quickly went along the wall and stayed there.

"No, but," Julia started.

"We're having the basement re-done," Rose said quickly.

"Really," we heard Dawn say, not convinced at all.

"Yeah, so if you heard anything moving down there or any whispering, it was them trying not to wake us up," Julia quickly said.

"Whatever, I'm going to leave now," we heard Dawn say.

"I'll walk you out," Rose said, we heard the footsteps get quieter and Julia came to quietly open the door the rest of the way.

"That was close," Julia said.

"Who was that," Sky asked, still sounding tired.

"That was Dawn, Julia's ex friend, the one training Piper," I said.

"Oh, why was she here?"

"She came here last night, my mom didn't know about anything, she thought Dawn and I were still friends, she heard something down there and thought it was you guys," Julia explained to us.

"Well, she was right," Misty said awkwardly.

We stood silently for a few minutes until Rose came back into the room, "you girls need to start getting ready for school, I'll start breakfast, Julia, I want to have a few words with you."

"Just, let me show them where my clothes are real quick," Julia said as she walked off, the four of us following quickly behind.

"Are you okay," Sky asked.

"I shouldn't keep stuff like that from my mom," I heard Julia mutter under her breath.

"But, you told us where we could get clothes at yesterday," Misty said.

"Um, yeah, you guys can just take all those clothes down with you, I don't wear them anymore," Julia told us as we started to climb the stairs.

"Where will we put them," I asked, hoping to cheer Julia up.

"I'll grab a basket."

"We're sorry," Sky said apologetically.

"It's not your fault, I should have told my mom about Dawn, but I didn't, and to think that I'm trying to keep the powers in the family," Julia said while approaching the closet.

"Why do your powers mean so much to you," Camille asked.

"I don't really want to explain it," Julia said while grabbing four baskets, "for now, you guys can pick out some clothes and put them in these, I'm sure my mom will have something ready by the time we get home today," Julia explained while starting to walk off.

"Hold on," Misty started, "did you come up with a story to tell our parents?"

"Um, about that," Julia started while climbing back up the stairs.

"What'd you do?"

"I sort of, erased there memories of ever having you."

"What," Sky and Misty yelled.

"I was trying some new magic, but it didn't work the way it should have, just, please don't tell my mom... I don't need to get in more trouble," Julia pleaded.

"Fine, but what will we do," Misty asked.

"I'll figure something out," Julia said while continuing down the stairs, when we saw she was finally gone we looked at each other awkwardly and then started going through the clothes.