Chapter 19

Friday after school...

"Can we go see Sky today," Misty asked anxiously with a hint of anger.

"Do we have to stay in the basement again," Camille asked with her arms crossed and rolling her eyes.

"I'll lead you guys into Sky's hospital room, I'll set up the basement so it's more like an apartment, and sorry, you'll have to stay in the basement again, any more questions," Julia said, obviously annoyed.

"Could we at least leave the house, we haven't been out shopping or anything like that in forever," I asked impatiently.

"I don't know, I haven't had practice with you guys in forever, once Sky gets back, we'll have to do some major practice," Julia said, "and I have something important that I need to tell all four of you together, it involves Piper."

"So your saying, once Sky comes home, we're going to start practicing again," Misty asked sadly.

"You guys need to be prepared for this."

"We need to be prepared for this battle," we all said at the same time.

"You always tell us that, every time we ask for a break, we've all memorized it," Camille complained.

"This is a very important battle," Julia said to us, "the city rests in your hands."

"But we are still technically kids," Misty said in an annoyed tone.

"Technically, we're teens," I said.

"But we act like kids," Camille concluded.

"We aren't responsible like you," I explained slightly.

It went silent until we got to the hospital, we all got out of Julia's car and followed her into the hospital, "is it fine if we go see Sky," Julia leaned in a little closer and showed a badge thing to the lady at the front desk. The lady smiled and lead us to a wall that looked completely normal until she waved her hands in a pattern and quietly let us in.

"The doctor will be here shortly to release," the lady said before she walked off and out of the hidden room.

"Sky," Misty yelled as she ran to hug Sky.

"Hi guys," she said as she returned the hug.

"How ya' feeling," I asked as I sat on the hospital bed.

"I'm good, I've just been really bored," she replied.

"We've been bored too," Camille said.

"Hey Julia," Misty started, I noticed that she was sitting by on a chair by herself, "didn't you say you had something to tell all of us, together?"

"Oh, yeah," Julia said as she jumped out of her seat, "I figured out when Piper plans on attacking and I know where."

"Tell us," we all shouted excitedly.

"You all better keep homecoming open," she said.

"Really," I started, "that's the best they could come up with," I said as I crossed my arms.

"That's how it is in like every book and movie ever made," Sky said.

"Hold up," Camille started, "does this mean we are being forced to go to homecoming," Camille said with an angered expression.

"Sorry, I know how bad homecoming is there, I've went all three years expecting it to be better, but it was always the same."

"No food, no drinks, super crowded, super loud, no where to sit down, super small room," the four of us said together.

"Yeah, pretty much," Julia said, "sorry guys," she finished awkwardly as she rubbed her hand on the back of her head.

"Wait a minute," Sky said as she took a closer look at my hair, "you cut your hair," she screamed.

"She did," Julia said as she looked at me.

"You can figure out when they plan on attacking the city, but not when I cut my hair," I said with a disapproving look.

"In all fairness," Misty started, "we've been locked in the basement."

"Starting this weekend, you guys can come out and roam the house, but remember, we still need to practice," Julia said seriously.

"Finally," Camille, Misty, and I said excitedly.

"What are you planning on teaching us," Sky asked as she got out of the doctor bed, "we have like a month and we pretty much know how to use our powers."

"We can come up with battle techniques," I said.

"Or we could take a month off," Camille said.

"No," Julia said immediately after Camille's idea.

"We'll do more training and then we'll come up with battle plans and how to think on the spot," Julia said to us.

"You really shouldn't work these girls so hard," we all turned around and saw a girl with her hair in a ponytail and she was wearing a doctor's outfit.

"They have to be prepared, I have to keep this job, if she convinces them that I'm not responsible for this, who knows what'll happen to the Elemental Heroes," she explained as the doctor handed her a clipboard with a paper attached to it.

"I get that, now sign that paper."

I watched as Julia signed the paper slowly, "guys, this is Ronnie, she was the one who was taking care of me," Sky explained to us.

Julia handed back the clipboard and Ronnie said, "alrighty Sky, you're free to go, make sure you don't get too tired out and be careful when using your powers, I'll walk you guys out," Ronnie finished up as she opened the hidden door and led us out the door.

"What was that," I asked as we got into Julia's car.

"That's one of the hidden rooms in the hospital, they're specially made for people with super powers," Julia explained to me.

"There's more people with powers," Misty said excitedly.

"Yes, but they're all older and have different kinds of powers, they've been working for years and have saved the city so many times," Julia said with stars in her eyes.

"It would be so awesome to be like them," Sky said.

"Yeah," Camille agreed.

We sat in the car for the rest of he ride thinking of what it would be like if we were ever able to make it as a super hero.