Chapter 12

"Okay guys," Julia started, "we are going to work until we get this down, now, I'm going to be summoning the demons and everything that Piper can summon to help her out," Julia said in a serious tone, pacing back and forth.

"Wait," Sky said, "she can summon demons to fight against us?"

"Yes."

"Why," Misty asked, fear present in her voice.

"There's one of her and four of you, it's to make things fair, sort of," Julia explained to them. "Now, I'll start off easy and summon the weakest thing she can use, you guys have to be able to communicate with each other without blurting it out, because she'll probably be ready for everything, especially since she's being trained by Maddi," Julia explained to us, "are you guys ready for this?"

"I am," I said first.

"Me too," Misty said.

"Me three," Sky shouted.

"I'm ready too," Camille said in a very serious tone.

"Okay, I'll be over there," Julia pointed to a tree house type thing.

"Let's do this," I said as Julia started to run over to her position.

Me and the others watched Julia carefully, taking in every movement, all of us mentally taking notes. I watched Julia move her lips, but I couldn't read them, I saw a black shadow start to run towards us, "let's do this," I whispered to myself. Me and the others took our fighting positions and started blasting stuff at the black shadow made up of gas. I watched as thorns, water, and flames combined together, but not heading in the right direction, I looked over to Sky who started to blast air, directing our creation in the right direction. We all watched anxiously as we waited to see what would happen to the black gas, when our creation finally reached the gas it just vanished.

"I would be excited," Misty started, "but that was way too easy."

"Yeah," I agreed in a disappointed voice.

'I told you guys I was going to start off easy.'

"Where did that come from," I asked the others.

"I don't know," the three of them said together.

'It's just me, look towards where I'm standing,' I turned my head and looked to where Julia was standing.

"How are you doing this," I asked her, causing everyone else to look in the same direction as me.

'I'm able to communicate telepathically with you guys, I thought it'd be easier than yelling,' Julia explained to us.

"Cool," Sky squealed in excitement.

"Wait," Camille said, "can we do that too?"

'Good question, you guys should be able to, but I don't know if I have enough time to teach you guys.'

"But it'd be easier when battling," I pointed out.

"Yeah, we could communicate telepathically while battling," Camille agreed.

"I think we're ready for the next one," I said confidently.

'Don't get cocky, that was the easiest one that she probably won't end up using if she's smart,' Julia explained to us.

"How many different, um, demons, can she summon," Misty asked.

'Four, the first one you guys just fought was the gas one that's just kind if there as a distraction.'

"So, it won't do anything to us," I said in a bored tone.

'Right, so if she does happen to use that, it'll just be to distract you guys, but it seems like she wants to take over the world, she's not going to waste her energy on that kind of thing.'

"What are the other demons," Camille asked.

'There's the knight, he attacks on a horse, so he's really fast. Then there's the Warlock, he can use the same type of magic as Piper, just not as strong and effective. And last but not least, the Demon, this guy is super strong and nearly impossible to beat, but it takes up a lot of her energy, if she summons that, she'll be nearly done for,' Julia explained to us.

"Who are we actually trying to defeat," I asked.

'You want aim for Piper, if she goes down, all of the demons go down.'

"Alright," Sky said excitedly, "on to the next one."

Again, we all took position and waited silently for Julia to summon the demon. We all watched carefully, "different hand movements," I said to myself. We all watched a figure on top of a horse start to appear, and before we knew it, it started darting towards us. I noticed that the knight was coming right towards me for it's first subject. On instinct, I moved out of the way and quickly shot out some vines to tie it down and prevent it from moving.

'Good move,' I heard Julia say to me.

I stayed focused and looked at everyone else with a look saying do something. I carefully directed the Knight towards the others but made sure not to let him get too close to them. "Do something," I shouted to them in an exhausted voice, the knight was trying to pull itself free from my vines, I tried to keep my place on the ground, but the Knight was really strong and persistent and kept trying to pull away from my grip.

'Stay strong guys,' Julia said to us.

"Do something," I yelled, "don't just stand there."

I watched Camille cup her hands quickly before shooting out a blast of fire. 'Camille, that fire was strong, but it's not enough to knock it down, you guys have to work together,' I heard Julia's voice say, 'Olivia, direct them and help them.'

"Why me," I yelled while still struggling to keep the Knight tied down.

'You're the life element, you're the leader of the Elemental Heroes,' Julia said to me.

"Okay," I whispered to myself, "I can do this." I stopped and watched everyone standing aroynd cluelessly, "Sky," I started, "summon a cloud. Misty, aim at the cloud with some water. And finally, blow it over towards the Knight," I yelled at them. They could hear how serious I was, I qas acting as if this were the realy thing, they nodded their heads and both started quickly doing what I told them to do.

"How is a rain cloud going to help destroy it," Camille asked me from far away.

"It's a gas, all of these things are a gas, they'll disappear with a little bit of water," I explained.

'That is technically true, but it won't work on all of them,' I heard Julia tell me.

I watched the rain cloud move towards the Knight and smiled as the Knight finally vanished and took all the pressure off of my hands, "ow," I said while shaking my hands and laughing.

The others ran over to me, I turned to see Julia making her way over to us too, "we did it," Sky yelled, holding her hands up for high fives.

"That was awesome," Camille said.

When Julia finally made her way over to us she said, "good job today guys, we'll practice on the other two tomorrow, I'll open a portal to my house and we can all go through, I'll start working on a hideout for you guys, and I have clothes that you guys cam borrow as well."

"What about our parents," Misty asked.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I won't ge missed," I said.

"My brother is taking care of my siblings for a while, so they probably won't miss me either," Camille explained.

"Well, it looks like you two are settled, I'll figure out something for your guy's parents," Julia said to Misty and Sky.

"Yay, time to have a sleepover with Julia," Misty and Sky yelled. Julia carefully opened a portal and walked through, us following shortly behind.