Chapter 9

"Why can't I do this," I screamed out loud to myself as I unlocked the front door of my house.

"What can't you do," I heard someone ask, I looked up and saw my mom sitting on the couch.

"Why are you still here," I asked in a shocked tone.

"That seems like a nice way to greet your mom," she said sarcastically, "what do you need help with?"

"N-nothing," I stuttered, "but don't you have to work?"

"I'm on vacation and I want you to meet two people that will be a part of your life here pretty soon."

"Huh," I said in confusion.

"Close your mouth, you don't want to look like a stupid, ugly, little girl, do you?"

"Um, who am I meeting?"

"It's some people I met while ago, at work," before I could say anything else, my mom walked upstairs. It was taking her a while to get back to living room, so I decided to go up to my room.

I walked up the stairs, to my bedroom door, put my hand on the knob, and walked into my room to see a person, that wasn't my mom, sitting on my bed, "what the heck are you doing in here," I yelled. I noticed that I was still wearing my necklace and started panicking, I looked down and saw that plants were starting to grow from my floor, but, I wasn't even trying.

The girl turned around and I recognized her right away. I was going to say something to her, but she beat me to it, "what are you doing in my room?"

"Why are you in my house, let alone my room, and who said this is your room, how did you get in here," I yelled angrily at a girl sitting on my bed that went by the name Piper.

I could hear multiple footsteps running towards my room and I jumped when I heard my bedroom door slam open, "Piper, are you okay pumpkin," I saw a guy about the same age as my parents enter my room, he was wearing a nice t-shirt with some jeans, and his hair seemed nearly flawless.

"I'm fine, but this girl just barged into my room, uninvited, and started yelling at me."

"What's going on in here," I heard my mom ask as she walked into my room.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that," I yelled at my mom.

"Well," my mom walked over to Piper and the other guy and introduced them, "this is my fiance Alex, and this is his daughter, Piper."

My jaw dropped, "what about you and dad," I asked, trying not to burst into tears.

"He doesn't need to know about this, he's never home anyways, in fact, I haven't talked to him in forever," my mom explained to me in a very casual tone.

"Mom," I yelled, "that's illegal."

"Who cares," Alex started, "Samantha and I are in love, it was practically love at first sight."

"You and Piper are going to be sharing a room until we get an extra room cleaned out for you," my mom explained.

"For me, this has been my room since we first moved here and you're going to move me just like that," I said on the verge of crying.

"You've had this room for a while, I think it's time to let someone else use it."

"Daddy," Piper butted in, "do I have to share a room with her," she finished with puppy eyes, when I saw this, I grunted.

"Olivia! Don't use that attitude with your soon to be sister."

Alex laughed a little, "it's fine, I know it's hard to get this all thrown at you, and yes Piper, you do have to share a room with her, at least until we get another room for her."

"Oh," Piper looked down at her feet, looking as innocent as she could, "I kind of already packed up her stuff and replaced it with my stuff," I said again after this comment.

"You spoiled brat," I whispered under my breath.

"I'm so very sorry."

"Well, Alex, Piper, and I are all ready, you need to, um, change, dress nice, we're going out to eat so that we can all have a nice family dinner," my mom said to me.

I grunted and walked over to Piper, "where'd you put my clothes?"

"Over there," I saw her pointing to my closet, I walked in and found boxes upon boxes of my stuff piled up against the walls.

"Wear something pretty," my mom said, "and do something with that mess of a thing you call hair," I turned around and looked in my mirror.

"Alright," I shooed everyone out of what used to be my room and tried to pick something out that would make my mom happy, even though I didn't care. I skimmed the boxes before I started opening them, it took me a while to find what I was looking for, but I decided to wear a nice, plain, pink dress and paired it with matching converse, I then decided to just throw my hair up in a refreshed ponytail.

As I was walking down the stairs I overheard everyone talking, "Piper, she probably wasn't actually going to do anything," I heard Alex say.

"But, dad, Samantha, she shoved me out of her way, made me drop my books, she bent down and tried to take them away, then someone came over to help me and she basically called me gay."

"Piper, when are you going to mature, gay, really, you're a sophomore, plus I don't think Olivia actually did any of that, you just want her out of that room."

"Well, Olivia has been moody lately, she might have actually done that stuff," I heard my mom say, that's when I finished coming down the stairs. "Oh, Olivia, how... cute, but you could have put on something nicer than that, and, you still didn't do anything with your hair."

"I'm ready to go," I said in an angry tone.

"Out of everything your have in your closet, you chose that, I'm very disappointed in you," my mom said in an upset tone.

"Let's just go," I said as I stormed off into the car.

At the restaurant...

"We'll all have your finest sushi," my mom said to the waiter.

"But I don't like sushi," I complained.

"Suck it up," Piper said to me.

"Piper," her dad shot her a glare, "be nice."

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," I said while getting up, and then I stormed away before anyone could tell me otherwise.

I stepped outside, grabbed my phone, and called a group chat, Elemental Heroes meeting, "what's up," Misty picked up first.

"I'll tell you once the others get on too," I stood there and stared at my phone mumbling, "pick up, pick up, pick up."

"Olivia, are you okay," I heard Misty ask in a concerned voice.

"I'm here," Sky answered next.

"What's wrong, we promised Julia we'd only use this for emergencies," Camille answered, "I don't feel like going through her angry raft again."

"Trust me," I started, "this is really serious."

"What is it," Misty screamed into the phone.

"Misty, chill," Sky said.

"So, you know how we found out the dark element is Piper," I started.

"Yeah," they all saud in a questioning tone.

"Well, my mom is cheating on my dad with her dadnand they plan to get married, which would, by definition, make Piper my sister, I'm going to be sisters with the enemy," I told everyone without taking a breath.

Eberyone just stared into the camera, speechless.

"What are we supposed to do," I asked in a worried tone.