Chapter 3

"What happened to your house," Camille asked.

"I have no idea," my house was covered in vines and plants.

"Do you own a plant," I shook my head no, "then how'd this happen?"

"I have no idea, but we need to get rid of it, before my parents get home."

"What time do they usually get home?"

"Midnightish," I saw Camille looking at my necklace, "what is it?"

"It's glowing, like the color of your eyes this morning, by the way, how did you fix that?"

"I didn't do anything," I said while holding my necklace, "why is it glowing?"

"I don't know."

"You read the thing, did it say anything about glowing necklaces?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Then why is this glowing?"

"How do you expect me to know that?"

"I don't know, I'm really freaked out," I finally yelled, "first it was my eyes just randomly changing colors, then I come home to this, and now my necklace is acting really weird, is yours doing this?"

I noticed that it took her a few seconds to give me the answer, "to be honest, this morning when I woke up I thought I saw my eyes turning to a fire color, and my necklace was faintly glowing," so I did see a fire in her eyes.

"I saw the fire in your eyes too, this morning, when you walked up the steps," I exclaimed.

"That's why I was late, I was trying to figure out how to make it stop before I got in my mom's car, causing me to run late."

"I wonder if the necklace has anything to do with the plants on the walls," Camille shrugged, "yeah, let's just tear them down," I said, and then we started taking them down one-by-one.

30 minutes later...

"Well, that took way longer than I expected it to take," I said to Camille while laughing.

"Yeah, and look, your necklace is back to normal," she said while pointing at my necklace.

I heard my phone buzz, "it's Misty, hold on," I picked up my phone.

"Hey, could I stay the night tonight?"

"Yeah, what's wrong, you sound worried."

"I'll tell you and Camille when I get there, bye Olivia."

"Bye Misty," I hung up my phone and turned back to Camille.

"What's wrong with Misty," Camille asked me, sounding concerned.

"I dunno, she wouldn't tell me," I said while shrugging.

"I wonder if it has something to do with the necklace," Camille said, after she said that someone rang the doorbell

I got up and opened the door and saw Misty, "I need to sit down," she yelled.

"Okay, okay, you can sit on the couch," I calmly replied to Misty, what's wrong with her?

"Do you care to explain," Camille asked Misty.

"I'll wait for Olivia to get back, where did she go anyways?"

"I have no clue."

"I'm right here guys," I said while walking out of the kitchen, "I got us some water."

"Okay," Misty started, "I got home from looking and considering some sports and every pipe in the house was leaking, it didn't flood, but it's really, really wet and the plumber told us to get a hotel and my parents said I could stay with you if I wanted," she explained really quickly.

"Don't forget to breath," Camille said in a joking tone.

"Hold on," I said, "your eyes are blue."

"My eyes are always blue."

"No, you know how my eyes were really green earlier?"

"Yeah."

"Your eyes are really blue."

"Wait a minute," Camille said, "was your necklace glowing?"

"I don't know, I was panicking, I honestly forgot I had it on," Misty answered.

"Camille's on to something," I said, "what are you getting at?"

"Your necklace was glowing when we got here and saw all the plants on the walls, maybe Misty's necklace was glowing when the pipes were leaking," Camille explained.

"But your necklace was glowing," before I could finish my sentence she cut me off.

"That happened at school, an itty bitty fire started on the oven in cooking class," she explained.

"Where's Sky, she needs to hear this," Misty asked.

"Remember," I started, "she has to babysit."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Well," Camille said, "I feel like this is probably useful information for her to know."

"You think so," Misty said in a sarcastic voice.

"Misty," I yelled, "don't get an attitude!"

"Sorry, I'm just stressed out, alright," Misty said in an apologetic tone.

"I understand," I said, "but we need to figure this out, do you know what to do," I turned around and asked Camille.

"Did you guys see the name tag of the lady who sold them to us," she asked us.

"I didn't see her name, but she's in our cooking class," Misty explained, "she's a junior."

"Is that why she looked familiar," I asked.

"Probably," Camille answered.

"So," I started, "we just find out her name, go back to that store, and ask for her," I said in a peppy tone.

"It's not going to be that easy," Misty said, "I know I was acting obnoxious, but there was a sign that said, Limited Store: Closes August 16th, and that's today."

"Maybe we'll see her in the morning, at school," I said, trying to be optimistic.

"That could work," Camille said, "but we can't just go up to someone and ask what's up with these necklaces."

"She's right," Misty agreed.

My phone started to buzz again, "it's Sky," I picked up my phone, "hey, if you want to come over you can, Misty and Camille are here."

"I can't, I have to babysit for the rest of the week, but some weird things have been happening," she explained.

"What kind of weird things," I asked.

"What's happening to her, is he okay," Misty asked me.

"I don't know, she hasn't told me yet," I whispered to her.

"One of the kids noticed that the color of, my eyes turned silverish-grey, and then it got really windy, like really, really windy, in the house."

"Is it still windy?"

"No, it stopped," so it looks like Sky's is just temporary and less dangerous.

"Did you notice your necklace glowing?"

"I didn't, but one of the kids said they saw it glowing, but I didn't believe them because they're like, five."

"Me, Camille, and Misty think it has to do with our necklaces, similar things have happened to us too, like today, once we got home."

"What are we going to do?"

"Misty and Camille said that the lady that sold them to us goes to our school and we're going to ask her about it at school sometime this week" I explained to her.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow, bye," she said and then hung up.

I hung up my phone and said, "okay, I'm gonna go get ready for bed, Misty, you can make yourself at home and Camille, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Bye guys."

"Bye."