Chapter 13

"Thanks for letting us stay here," I thanked Julia as Misty and Sky wandered in front of everyone.

"No problem, it's my job to keep you guys safe," Julia told me.

"I have a question," Camille said to Julia.

"What is it?"

"Why don't you fight with us, you know, since you can do everything and know everything?"

"Good question, but, it's kind of complicated, if we you guys win the battle, I might tell you, but we don't have the time right now."

"Julia," I heard someone holler, "oh there you are," there was an older lady that looked similar to Julia, "you have company."

"Yeah, they're going to be here for a few days, is that okay?"

"Yeah but who," the lady stopped talking when she saw the tips of my hair, "are they?"

"Yes mom, they're the Elemental Heroes, this is Olivia and Camille and over there are Sky and Misty," Julia explained to her mom.

"Oh, I have dieing to meet the new generation of Elemental Heroes," Julia's mom said while pulling me and Camille into a big bear hug.

"It's nice to meet you too," I said, having trouble to breathe.

"Mom, you might want to let them go," Julia said awkwardly.

"Oh, sorry girls, you're welcome to stay as long as you need."

"Thanks, um, I actually don't know your last name," I said.

"You can call me Rose," Julia's mom, Rose, said.

"Sky, Misty, over here," Julia said, Sky and Misty quickly walked over to Julia and we all started following her, "the bathroom is over there, kitchen's right there, then don't go in that room, and this is the living room," Julia said.

"So why are they staying here," I heard Rose whisper to Julia.

"Olivia's mom is marrying the dad of the dark element and they don't get along, they've already revealed their powers to them, we just decided it would be safer for them here until I find a hideout for them," Julia whispered back to her mom.

"Oh," Rose whispered back, "once your done giving them a tour, I have dinner ready, and you girls can come to dinner once you get settled in, where are they staying?"

"The basement," Julia replied to her mom.

"I'll start setting that up for you girls," Rose said to us with a smile.

"Thank you," we all said awkwardly.

"Julia," Sky started.

"Hm?

"Why are you acting so serious?"

"Because I want to show my mom that I can take charge and that I deserve this job so I can keep it in the family," Julia explained to us.

"Wait, what do you mean keep it in the family," I asked.

"There are inspectors that can change the job to a different family if they want to, I want to keep this job, I want to keep my powers and I'm pretty sure my famliy wants to keep them as well," Julia explained while we walked up some stairs.

"We can't get abother instructor," Misty said.

"Your the best," Sky said.

"I'd rather not talk about it," Julia told us while coming to a stop. "No more questions please, that's my room, you can come in but make sure you knock, this is another bathroom, that's a spare room with a lot of stuff in it, and that's a closet with some of my old clothes in it, you guys can look through that later," we quietly followed Julia down the flight of stairs and we came to a door, "this is where you guys will be staying temporarily."

We followed Julia down some stairs, "woah, these stairs are carpeted," Camille said.

Julia didn't say anything until we got to the bottom of the stairs, where her mom was laying down some mattresses, "Julia, you go ahead and go eat, I'll finish this up," Rose said to Julia. We all watched Julia climb back up the stairs and through the door, "sorry about her, she's really stressed out about losing her powers."

"Why," I asked.

"She's been dependent on them since she was little, I know she won't be able to handle life without them because she's just adapted to them, I'll explain more later," Rose told us. "You guys can lay the matresses out how you want them, that closet has bedding in it, and that's another bathroom, you can use the tv, but don't leave it on, I'll let you guys get settled, I'll be upstairs with Julia."

"Thanks again," we all yelled.

"I feel bad for Julia," Sky said.

"The basement is carpeted," Camille said in amazement.

"Yeah, they must have had a lot of money at one time," I said while opening the closet with the bedding, "woah," I said.

"What is it," Misty asked while getting and walking over with the others.

"They must be obsessed with this Elemental Heroes stuff," I said while looking at everything green, red, white, and blue.

"Julia did tell us that it's been in ber family for generations," Camille said.

"True, I guess I'll just take the green ones," I said while grabbing a green comforter and sheets, everyone else followed my same action and grabbed their corresponding color.

We started up the stairs when we heard the door opening, "stay down there," Julia mouthed, without question we quietly went back down the steps.

"What do you think is going on," I whispered as quietly as I could, the only response I got was a shrug from Camille. We waited in the basement in silence for what felt like hours and then we heard multiple people walking down the stairs.

"Guys," Julia whispered, we slowly walked over to the steps and saw Julia and Rose, "you guys need to stay down here for the rest of the night," she whispered to us while handing me some pajamas and her mom hand each of us a plate of food.

"I'll come down later to get the plates and tomorrow I'll set up a table and chairs for you guys, night," Rose whispered to us, when they made their way up the stairs we quietly sat down on the matresses and ate without saying a word.