Chapter 7

"It's finally Friday," I yelled as I got out of bed, school was the same, Misty was back wih her parents, and after school practices were the same.

I started to turn my light on when I heard at my door, weird, I thought to myself. I shrugged it off and went to open it ajd saw my mom, "hey sweety, how have you been," I was sh8cked when I saw my mom, mshe came in and hugged me and I felt very awkward.

"I've been good," I answered while pulling away from from her, she's a stranger to me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," this is really weird, I feel like I'm talking to a stranger.

"What grade are you in now, sixth? Man, you're growing up fast."

"Heh, heh, yeah, I'm a sophomore," I said awkwardly.

I started to close my door, but my mom put her hand on it before I could close it all the way my mom put her hand on it to stop me from shutting it, "I was thinking," she walked into my room, "we could hang out today."

"As much as I want to miss school, I can't," I explained to my mom.

"I can get you out of school, I'll let you go get your work and eveything," she insisted.

"Nah, I think I'll just go to school," I said, getting irritated, I need to be there for practice, Julia said she might teach us some magic.

"But I want you to meat someone."

I looked at my clock and it said 5:15, "I need to get ready for school," I ran into my closet and locked it.

"What time does school start," my mom asked me, I heard her run to the door of my closet.

"6:00," I lied while in my closet.

"What time does school end?"

She's really getting annoying, "who the heck do you want me to meat," I yelled while throwing on some random clothes.

"It's a surprise," I walked out of my closet and went over to my vanity, grabbed a ponytail, and threw my hair in a messy bun.

"Are they here right now," I asked my mom while grabbing my bag and throwing some stuff in it, besides the necessities.

"Actually, yes, they are, and out of all the nice things you have, why do you wear that," she asked me while pointing at my hair and outfit in disgust.

I looked in my mirror and then down at my outfit, "I don't see what's wrong with this," I said. I looked at my clock and it said 5:45, "I have to go," I ran out of my and darted through the front door, and then to school.

Once I got there I pulled out my phone and checked the time, 5:57, those laps are paying off. I put my phone up and started walking up the stairs to school, no one's here yet, by that, I mean none of my friends are here. I headed towards the bathroom when I ran into someone, causing her to drop her stuff, "I'm so sorry," I said, guilt obvious in my voice.

"Whatever, I bet you did that on purpose," she yelled at me, I bent down to try to help her pick up her stuff but she pushed me away, "I don't need your help."

"Okay," I said while walking off, back to the front of the school.

"Where do you think your going," I heard her yell at me.

I turned around and said, "well, you're obviously annoyed by my presence, so I decided to walk off," my comment obviously made her annoyed.

"You better hope you don't see me later," she yelled to me, I ignored her and just walked off.

Once I got back to the front of the school I checked the time again, 6:17, "why is time going so slow," I yelled as I saw Misty walk up the stairs.

"You're here early," she said while walking towards me.

"I have a reason for that," I said with my hand behind my head.

"And what's that?"

"My mom was home," I whispered.

"That's a bad thing," Misty said, obviously confused.

"She thought I was in sixth grade," I started, "she was criticizing my outfit, and she kept saying she wants me to meat someone."

"Well, your outfit looks good," I noticed that was all Misty was able to say to me. "Why did she think you were in sixth grade?"

"I don't know, she left when I was in eighth, that's how little attention she pays to me," I started to feel tears starting to come.

Misty grabbed me and whispered, "let's go to a bathroom," we started walking towards the bathroom that I was heading towards when I bumped into the new girl. "Are you okay," Misty knew I wasn't, so she immediately took me into a tight hug.

"I don't know why I'm crying, I've been fine all these years, my parents have been around at night, but I haven't actually talked to them in forever," I just layed my head in her shoulder and kept bawling my eyes out.

I heard a door open and saw the same girl I ran into earlier, "were you guys hugging?"

"Who are you," Misty asked.

"Someone, are you guys dating?"

"No," I yelled at her while wiping my face.

"So you guys just broke up?"

"No," Misty started, "we're best friends," then she whispered to me, "we see why she's blonde."

Me and Misty started to walk out of the bathroom, trying to get away from the new girl, but she followed us, "you guys are gay."

I turned around and yelled, "I am NOT dealing with this," I could feel something in me, it was a weird feeling, but I liked it.

Misty came in front of me and held me back, "Olivia, are you wearing your necklace," she whispered to me. I looked down and saw that I was and immediately took it off.

"Oh, look at the cute gay couple," the new girl taunted us.

"What do you think your doing," me and Misty looked up snd saw Julia standing behind the new girl.

"Nothing," the new girl said instantly.

"Then why don't you go on ahead to class," Julia said and patted the girl on the back, once she knew the girl was gone she turned around and said, "your welcome, go to class, I'll see you guys after school," Julia walked off and me and Misty turned to each other.

"That was weird," Misty said, "but I'm gonna take her advice and head to class, we'll meat up with Camille and Sky after school," Misty said, we waved bye and then headed to class.