Chapter 21

Backstage...

"Why is Julia always late for these things," Camille asked in an annoyed tone.

"I don't know, but Sky and I have news to tell everyone," I answered.

"What kind of news," Misty asked.

"Interesting news," Sky answered.

'Guys I'm going to be kind of late,' Julia explained to us through her mind communication.

"Can't you just teach us how to do that," Sky said, "I mean, it'd make things a lot easier and we pretty much know everything battle wise."

'Fine,' Julia said in a kind of hesitant tone, 'make sure you guys focus though, it'll be kind of complicated.'

"Yay," Misty and Sky shouted excitedly.

'Focus,' Julia said, obviously already irritated with us. 'Focus in your thoughts, think of what you want to say.'

The four of us did as she said, but it wasn't working, "we can't do it," I said, getting frustrated.

'Yes, you can, you guys can do it, you just have to focus more, try putting on your necklaces, it might make it easier,' the four of us all got into our bags and started searching for our necklaces.

"I can't find mine," Camille said.

"Neither can we," Sky and Misty said together.

"I can't either, I had it right here," I said as I pointed to a hidden zipper in my bag.

'You guys lost your necklaces,' Julia yelled at us as we heard the auditorium door swing open. "Do you guys know how bad this is," she yelled as she walked backstage.

"I had mine in my pencil case," Misty said, feeling guilty.

"That would have been like finding a needle in a haystack," Camille said.

"This is no time to joke, the only one here who has the ability of using her powers without her necklace is Olivia, and that's only when she's mad," Julia said, freaking out.

"I don't know when we weren't with our bags," I said.

"Gym," Sky said.

"Huh," all of us said at once.

"We got dressed out and decided to keep our bags in the changing room so that they wouldn't be in the way upstairs," Sky reminded us.

"Oh yeah," Camille, Misty, and I all said.

"Who could have taken them," Julia asked as calmly as she could.

"Well, that's kind of a dumb question, isn't it," we all looked and saw the one who had been training with Piper.

"Where are they," Julia said angrily as she stepped in front of us.

"Why, do you need these," she said as she held up the four necklaces and swinging them carelessly around in the air.

"Where's Piper," I whispered to the others.

"I don't know," they replied while shrugging.

"She can't be too far behind," I started, "she follows her like a lost puppy."

"What are you four whispering about back there, you know, Julia can't treat you like little kids forever," she said, holding the necklaces in front of our faces.

"I guess we see where Piper gets her attitude from," Camille said loudly.

"I take that as an insult, there's no way that that little weakling is meaner than me," she said.