Chapter 18

On the way home...

"Hey Julia," Misty started, "you said you wanted to teach us that thing you do, could we go to the hospital and learn it with Sky?"

"Um, I don't know, I need to be at the house right now," Julia said suspiciously.

"Why," I asked.

"I'm pretty sure I have to court at some point since I'm not a legal adult," she explained to us as she, made a turn.

"How old are you," Camille asked.

"I guess I haven't really told you guys about myself," Julia said, I could see a frown slowly form on her face, "I'm 17."

"When do you turn 18," Misty asked curiously.

"Early my senior year," Julia answered, "if I can't prove that I can take care of myself and live on my own, I'll have to move in with my dad, I know he won't come here," Julia said with an angry tone.

"What happened to your dad," I asked.

"He left me and my mom, in debt, and it was all when I was taking lessons for my powers and training to do what I'm doing now, he's never even called to check up on me," Julia answered me, a lot of anger present in her voice.

"Oh," Misty said awkwardly, not wanting to make Julia even more mad.

Nothing was said for about five more minutes, until Julia parked, "the court or, whoever's coming, doesn't know that there are four more people staying with me, so you'll have to stay in the basement again," Julia said to us.

"Can we at least have a table and chairs," Camille asked.

"I'll get something, just, for now go one, more day without it, I have to clean and hide the basement," Julia said to us as she lead the way inside, we all ran over to the basement door and ran down the steps.

"This is boring," I said once I plopped down.

"Sky would make this a lot more fun," Misty said as she did the same action as me.

"Agreed," Camille said, still standing, I saw a mischievous look appear on her face.

"What are you thinking," I asked with a concerned look.

"Why don't you open a portal to somewhere," she said very excitedly.

"That doesn't sound like a good idea," I said as I sat up with my arms crossed.

"I agree with Olivia," Misty said.

"Well, we can't leave, and we have nothing to do down here," Camille said in a bored tone.

"There's a tv," Misty said as she pointed to the tv that was along the wall.

"That would make too much noise," I said as I reached for my necklace.

"So, you're gonna try and open a portal," Camille asked excitedly, nearly jumping up and down.

"No, I'm just going to play around with my magic," I said as I slid my necklace over my head.

"I don't think that's a good idea either," Misty said to me as I started to play around with my magic.

"You're probably right, but what else are we supposed to do," I said while shrugging my shoulders.

"I really want to go shopping or something," Misty said as she started to roll around on the floor.

"See what being trapped down here has done to us, Sky's in the hospital, Misty's rolling on the floor, and you're just playing with your powers," Camille said to me.

"You're very right, we are probably going a little stir crazy," I said as I tossed leaves back amd forth in my hands.

"I agree," Misty hollered, still rolling on the ground.

"I just want to eat out," I said as I let the leaves drop to the floor.

"Me too," Camille said.

"We don't have any money though," Misty said.

"Well," I started, "we technically have money, we just don't want to spend it because we want to help Julia."

"I never thought I'd be so bored without practice," Camille said as she finally plopped down on a mattress.

"Wait a minute," I said, grabbing the attention of the other two, "I could make a money tree."

"That's illegal, well, making your own money is illegal," Camille said to me.

"She's right," Misty agreed.

"I guess so," I said as I took my necklace off and set it on the floor by my bag.

"I have a question that Julia will probably answer," Misty started after a few minutes of silence, "how come Olivia is the only one that can open portals and do cool stuff like that?"

"I don't know," Camille and I said in unison.

"It's weird," I said while looking at the top of my hand, "and why can I use my powers without my necklace?"

"Julia's probably already answered this, but why does everything revolve around Olivia, sorry if that offends you," Camille said to me.

"No offense taken, man, I hope Sky's okay," I said.

"She's probably fine, she'll probably be back tomorrow or Friday," Camille said to me, I stared off and looked at the uniforms that Julia made for us.

"Do you think these will work," I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, helping keep our identity a secret," I explained to them.

"I don't see why not," Camille answered.

"What are Sky and I going to do once this is all over, our parents don't even remember us," Misty said as she layed down on her mattress.

"Well, I'm probably not allowed back at my house," I said, trying to cheer Misty up.

"I don't even want to go back home," Camille said to us.

"What time is it, I'm tired," I said as I strethed and let out a big yawn.

"7:03," Camille answered.

"We haven't been down here that long," Misty mumbled into her pillow.

"We haven't even had dinner yet," I said as I held my tiny stomach.

"I don't think we're gonna eat tonight," Camille said, "we might as well just go to bed now," Camille said as she covered up in her blanket.

"You're probably right," I said as I turned off the light, covered up, and closed my eyes.