Chapter 2

Ring, ring, ring, ring, I tiredly rolled out of bed to turn my alarm off, ugh, I wish Misty, Sky, and Camille could have stayed, I walked to my bathroom to turn on the shower, nothing like a nice, back-to-school shower. Since I was waiting for my shower to warm up, I decided to go plan my outfit for the day, I have to pick something that will look cool with my life necklace, I opened my closet and walked in, I know it may seem like I'm rich, but I guess the technical term is, spoiled, my parents are always gone, so to make up for it, they spoil me. I saw a cute dress that I didn't know I had, my parents must have gotten it for me and put it in here, I grabbed it and took a closer look at it, it was kind of like a lime green on the bottom and then top of it was white, I also noticed that the bottom of it had a leafy pattern, weird, my parents didn't know I bought a necklace, I just shrugged it off and grabbed a pair of my converse. I went to my bathroom to check my water and it felt warm enough.

Once I was out of the shower I went to my room to change into my new outfit, then, when I was done with that, I grabbed my necklace and put it on, I grabbed it when it was around my neck and took a closer look at it, it's such a pretty necklace. I walked to my bathroom to go brush my teeth and I noticed something looked different about me, "what the heck," I looked closer at my eyes and noticed that they were a different color, I didn't put in any contacts, I don't even own contacts. I was tempted to scream, but I didn't want to wake my parents up, "why are my eyes green, well, greener than usual?" My eyes are usually green, but now they were more vibrant, not dull and dark. The color reminded me of something, but I couldn't think of it, but then I realized, "they kind of look like the color of my necklace, this couldn't have anything to do with the necklace though, it might just be an eye infection, hopefully it'll go away on its own," once I came to that conclusion I finished getting ready for school.

At school...

I was the first one there, well, the first one of my friends, so I was waiting in front of the school for them. It was a nice warm breeze that made my long hair fly behind me, other people looked at me like I was weird, but I didn't really care. "Sky," I yelled as I saw Sky walk up the stairs to the building.

"Hi, you look different," she said, I noticed that Sky looked completely normal and she was also wearing her necklace, so I concluded again that it was an eye infection.

"I think I might have an eye infection," I said while shrugging.

"Do you need someone to take you to the doctor, I can ask my mom," Sky's dad was in jail because, well, we'll just say that he did really bad things.

"Nah, it'll probably go away, plus, it doesn't hurt at all."

"Okay," she said in a suspicious tone.

"Hey guys," we turned around to see Misty.

"Yay," Sky and I yelled in her face.

"Where did you come from," I asked.

"I ran a lap around the building, I've been here," and I believed this because our school was huge.

"Are you gonna go out for track this year," Sky asked her.

She shrugged, "I don't know, maybe, maybe not, where's Camille?"

"I haven't seen her," I answered.

"Well, she better hurry, school starts in ten minutes and I have first hour with her," she stopped and looked at my face, "what's wrong with your eyes?"

"She said she thinks its an eye infection, but she won't go get it checked out."

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late," Camille yelled as she walked up the steps.

"And the group has been reunited," I said, making the others laugh.

"What's wrong with your eye?"

"Will people stop asking me about my eyes, I think it's just an eye infection," I yelled, why can't people just drop the subject, "sorry, I'm just tired of that question."

"Okay, sorry," Camille said, "are you guys wearing your necklaces?"

"I am," I said, holding up my necklace as she spoke.

"Me too," Misty and Sky said at the same time.

"Do you guys feel... weird, when you wear them," I asked.

"Kind of, now that you mention it," Misty said.

"Me too, but that might be because I never wear necklaces," I thought I saw something in Camille's eyes when she said that, was that a flame, it can't be, my eyes are just seeing things, I told myself.

"So do I, sort of," good, it's not just me.

"Sky, what's your first hour, I don't want to be by myself," I said to Sky.

"I have," she took her schedule out, "English."

"Yay, I'm not alone," I said, and then the bell rang.

"And that's the bell of separation, come on Camille, see you guys later," Misty said to me and Sky while pulling Camille by the arm.

"Well," Sky said, "don't just stand there, let's go," and then, she too, pulled me by my arm to go to class.

The day was really boring, I know that I was excited for school to start, but I was expecting it to be fun, although, I did have fun in gym though, that's because I have it with all my friends. But now it's the end of the day, "do you guys wanna come over?"

"I will in a little bit," Sky started, "I have to babysit for a little bit."

"I think I'm going to go see what sports are going on right now," Misty said, and then her and Sky were both off.

"What about you," I asked Camille.

"I have nothing to do, so why not, it'll be fun," I'm really happy I won't be by myself. While we were walking to my house Camille said, "I meant to ask you this when I got to school, but when did you get that dress?"

I looked down to see what I was wearing, since I didn't think about it all day, "I don't know, I found it in my closet, I think my parents got it for me."

"What do your parents even do, I mean, you're practically living in a mansion for free, since your parents pay for it?"

"My mom designs clothes for this fashion model or something and my dad is a lawyer, I think, he does something like that."

"So, they get paid a lot?"

"Yeah, but they're never home."

"That stinks, sorry I brought it up, I was just curious," you might be thinking, aren't you and Camille friends, and we are, but we met last year, so she hasn't heard anything about this.

"It's fine, I've learned to see the bright side of it, and, I'm more independent that way," I said with a smile on my face, and then we walked into my house and saw the weirdest thing ever.