1:13

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER THIRTEEN ]

Rhea looked up from where she was knelt on the floor, she was almost certain the lack of oxygen in her system was causing her to hallucinate— but upon looking at everyone else's faces, she could see that she wasn't the only one seeing this

"Ares?" Her voice came out a strangled whisper, still not fully believing what she was seeing.

"Are you going to get over here and hug me, or what?" He said with his signature grin that she had missed so much, within seconds she was up off the floor— in her brothers arms.

Tears were falling from both of the Monroe witch's eyes, the pain of being without each other for so long starting to fade— their torn hearts slowly stitching themselves back together.

"Put your hands on my sister again, and I won't hesitate to kill you." The older Monroe warned Klaus, who simply raised his eyebrows in response.

"As much as I'm enjoying this family reunion, how about the other important situation at hand?" Marcel chimed in, he had never met Ares himself.

"You mean Esthers plans to body jump Rebekah?" Ares questioned, making everyone turn to him in question, "What? I had a peak at what she was brewing before I left— I wouldn't spend any more time than was absolutely necessary with that psychotic bitch, she told me to tell you she wants Finn back though."

"I told you, it's only a matter of time before mother gets bored of waiting for you to let us go." Came Kol's voice, Rhea finally let go of her brother, but not completely— she connected their hands with no intention of letting go anytime soon. 

"That's Kol, by the way, it's a long story." She whispered in her brothers ear, who didn't look surprised.

"Gathered that already, that might be a new face, but those facial expressions are definitely Kol Mikaelson."

Kol rolled his eyes at the older Monroe, although was secretly glad that he was back— the two used to get along like a house on fire.

Continuing on from his last statement, Kol said, "Well, Finn, atleast. I don't expect she'd care if I never came home."

"A mother cares for her children. A monster does not. Once you accept she's the latter, you'll stop expecting the former. And, despite what you might think, Kol, I did mourn you after your death. And, I did attempt to avenge you. I would do nothing less, because we are brothers. Always and forever." Rhea rolled her eyes at Klaus' statement, calling bullshit from from a mile away.

Kol however, looked overwhelmed, and simply nodded in reply. The moment was broken when Klaus' phone started to ring, "Excuse me."