1:15

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER FIFTEEN ]

As Rhea was gathering the things she would need to help Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah with their plan to stop Esther, she paused momentarily, turning to her brother.

"I'm sorry, we haven't really had time to actually catch up— everything here is, kind of hectic."

Ares shook his head, "I'm not disappointed, or angry at you, Rhe. I'm just glad to be back, we've quite literally got all the time in the world to catch up."

"Ares?"

"Yes?"

Rhea took a deep breath, "Who.. Who done that, to you? I tried so hard, to find out who.. Murdered you— but they covered it up, with such dark magic, even I couldn't break through it."

Ares face dropped at the question, clearly uncomfortable, but his next words surprised his sister greatly, "I don't know, I really don't. I can't remember a bloody thing from the last three days of my life." With a raised brow, Rhea took a seat opposite him, taking her hand in her own.

"It'll be okay, big brother. We will find them, eventually. We'll make them pay." It was a promise, without using the actual word promise, the Monroe siblings would get their revenge.

"So, your friend Davina.."

"Don't even go there, Ares."

"Why not?"

"She's not like the girls you usually go for, she's been my best friend, I don't want you hurting her and ruining that for me." Ares was shocked at his sisters admission, it was a rare thing for Rhea to truly trust someone— but to outright consider someone a best friend rather than simply calling them an ally, was pretty much a damn miracle.

"I know she's different, that's why I like her."

"Well keep it in your pants, and we won't have a problem." She said as she left the room to grab her phone from her bedroom.

Ares shouted through the door, "It's been two hundred years! A guy has needs!"

"Prostitutes are still around, stay away from my friend, asshole!"And Rhea knew, emotional time with Ares was long gone.

▽▲▽▲▽

The Monroe siblings had arrived back at the compound at the same time that Kol had returned, updating them on the plan.

"Done, as per your request. Miss Angelica Barker. Good cheekbones and a tummy you can bounce a quarter off! She will be Rebekah's new host body, instead of Cami." The blonde in question had just come down the stairs, joining them.

"Who's Angelica Barker?" Davina questioned.

"One of my vampire potentials. Had to turn her down, she was too lost." Marcel informed the girl he had come to love like a daughter.

Cami— still looking beyond nervous, asked, "Does she know what's about to happen to her?"

"It's better when they don't know." Kol told her, although the look on Cami's face told everyone that it hadn't eased her nerves.