Chapter One- part 1

"What time is it?"

"I have no idea maybe three a.m.?", Eric told me.

We are breaking into a vault as a test for training today, at three a.m. ! Trust me, I'm glad we're done with combat training, but what does breaking into a vault have to do with world jumping? I mean, I know how to kill grimms, and I know how to get past a horde of them. I can also tolerate the pain they cause when they touch you. What the hell is this for?

"We're here.", Eric says in a sing-songy voice. 

"Yay!", I reply Sarcastically.

He laughs like the sound of beautiful music, then tells me it'll be fun. I'm all for total rebellion with my best friend, but not rebellion organized by the government, I mean that's just wrong. Anyways, Eric is one  of my best friends and everyone thinks he's my boyfriend, I would date him, but I don't like him that way. I could tell him anything he's like my brother. I think it was set up that we took this test together. I think they are using this as a compatibility test too. So that they can see who works fastest and best together. I'm guessing they want to send another group of us to the promised land. Yet, after two million tries you would think they would give up, but no. They say that our generation is the 'promised generation', whatever that the hell means. now, we are approaching the vault....