Chapter 9

"I-I can't believe this...so soon? Y-" I'm interrupted by my brother barging into my room. The smile on my face immediately left. "Oh...I'm sorry. I must've interrupted something...please excuse us." Adrian babbles on. "But-" Hendrix starts to object. "Go, it's just my brother...he won't hurt me." I wasn't so sure of that, but I went with it. Hendrix reluctantly got up and left, giving Adrian the death glare the whole way. Adrian only smirked at him. "What do you want asshole?" I then asked like I bothered to care. "Ma sends her apologies that she can't be here, so she sent me," he said severely annoyed with having to be here. "Ma is taking your darling father to the doctor," he continued. " I'm sure he's just fine, so now why are you really here?" I said knowing he wouldn't have come only because mom told him to. "Yes, that. I wanted to see how bad you really were...you look perfectly fine to me; other than a couple of cuts and bruises." He taunted. I painfully got out of bed, walked over to him, and looked straight into those black eyes. "I was shot, you ass!" I exclaimed and then pulled up my baggy T-Shirt so you could see the bloody bandages around my midsection. "Well, little miss precious ain't so precious anymore," he laughed. "Go the fuck home, Adrian!" I couldn't take much more of him. He just laughed and sauntered out the door. Then I got back in bed and fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"She never answered me..." Hendrix said as him and Tori were having a conversation about yesterday and I didn't want to hear it. "She will, I mean...her brother...so bitter...it's just...ugh..." she tried to explain that ass hat that is my brother. "Hey, no need to mention that ass." I said as they got closer. "Hey, you're up already?" asked Hendrix surprised. He was holding a tray of breakfast. Unfortunately I'm still not hungry, but I decided I was going to eat it anyway. "You hungry?" Tori asked. "Yeah...actually I'm very hungry." I lied. "we made your favorite." Hendrix said happy I was going to eat, "Crepes with peanut butter inside and vanilla cream sauce on top?" I laughed. "Yep!" they said simultaneously. "I love you guys." I said gratefully. Then they left me to eat and I did.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I decided to get up out of bed and walk around, if they wanted me to or not. I walked out to see Tori and her boyfriend in the living room. Oops! They jumped away from each other the second I walked in. "Al, I love you, but you have the worst timing." she was totally mocking me from Monday. "Did I ruin a moment?" I continued to egg heron. "Yes, yes you did smart ass." "You can kiss your boyfriend later, darling." I countered. We both laughed then I winced. "You're a bitch, you know." I joked with her. "Sit down before I kill you." she laughed. I sat in the arm chair seeing her boyfriend sitting there embarrassed. "Don't worry Alex, we had that conversation on Monday, except I was the one kissing my boyfriend." He laughed and then stood up. "I'll leave you two to have fun." he said and cam to hug me. "See ya, Alex Deane. Tell your dad I said thanks for the security." I joked with him. "Will do...love ya Toria!" he then left. "So, why are you up?" Tori asked me hesitantly. "Thought I might take a walk; see how bad it was to move around..." I answered honestly. "Well , at least you're curious...how bad are you?" she asked truly concerned. "Only hurts to laugh." I said in a sing-songy happy voice and she laughed. "That's good...at least it's joy that brings you to pain." she said half seriously. "Yeah, where's Hendrix? Is he alright?" I asked worriedly. "Not sure, he just said he was going somewhere, and he would be back. He's perfectly fine, but it hurts him, and me to see you like this." she said guiltily. "Stop with the mushy shit would you?" I said walking over to help her clean the dishes. "Never!" she said and side hugged me, then she told me to go get dressed. So, I threw on a pair of jeans my favorite t-shirt. It had the figure of from the Breakfast Club on it in white letters it said: "Don't you forget about me." I went back out into my living room to see Hendrix and Tori have a private conversation in the kitchen. When did he get home? I sat down in the arm chair and read until they were done. "Hey cutie, how ya feelin'?" Hendrix was in a surprising mood. "Okay thanks." I started as Tori walked in. "That shirt again? It's not that I don't like it, but you wear it too much." She always had a better fashion sense since then I did. That's why we're bff's in the first place. "What can I say? It's comfy and my favorite." I said semi-sarcastically. "You look fine." Hendrix laughed. "So...as you know, you're free. Where do you want to go?" Victoria shocked me with the question. "Take me to the tattoo parlor." I said semi-indecisively. "You already want another?" Hendrix said surprised. "Yeah..."