Chapter Eighteen

"Where's Celia?' I hear Dolores ask. And now that I think of it where is she? "She went to her special hill with Rick." Someone responds. "I'll go get her. Stay here and stay safe." I command as I grab a sword and run. I'm on my way Celia. I'm not going to leave you behind.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Celia! Celia!" I scream as I arrive at the base of the hill. I am faced with a large group of grimms and no sign of Celia. Out of the loud noise of the grimms I hear a loud, deafening shriek: "Al? Rick? Please any-" It's Celia, it has to be Celia. I'm on my way. I won't let you down. "Celia, I'm coming! Stay strong! I'm going to help you!" I scream back. I slash my way through grimm after grimm. As I finally get close to Celia, I see the gory scene that lays in front of her. Her small, disease covered body lays slumped in front of a severely injured Rick. The grimms have torn off his left arm and all his skin is that sickening black color. It takes all my strength to fight off the rest of the grimms and get all the way to Celia and a half dead Rick. As I finally reach them the disease stats to cause its signature severe pain and I fall to my knees as I see one last grimm charge at me in a flash. I wait for the pain of its impact, but it never comes. I look up to see that Rick threw himself in front of Celia and I. The grimm that was attacking is now trying to turn Rick, we have to run. I carefully throw Celia over my shoulder and, with my last ounces of strength, make my way back towards the camp.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I reach the edge of camp my energy has drained. I collapse as a voice calls out to me from the distance saying: 'Al you're safe now. But not for long, and remember: Do no trust Alex Deane.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Mom? Mom? Mommy! You need to come back to me. I miss you, and I love you. Mom? Can you hear me? I don't understand?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey Al. They're...uh....fixing you up right now. I'm lost without you. Babe, please come back to us. Please so something to fight this! Please fight it...please. We need-no-I need you back...."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Al? How're you feeling? Is everything-oh fuck it. Let's get to the point. We need you back. I want my best friend back. Please fight this..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey baby sis...I don't really know where to start. Well..I'm sorry. I'm so sorry about everything. All the hell I put you through...all the insults...all the pain...everything...I'm so, s-so sorry. We-I love you."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'Alexandra, it's time to wake up now. They want you back and the most definitely need you back.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I open my eyes to the familiar dimly lit room with my familiar white comforter, home. "Alexandra, wake up. You need to be fitted for dresses." My mother yells. "I'll be down in a moment. Just a moment!" I yell back. I get out of bed and my feet sink into the soft, white carpet. I walk into my familiar closet, but something isn't right. In fact, nothing is right. All my clothes are white, all the walls are white, the floors are white. What is going on? I put on a shirt and some pants and make my way down the stairs. "What's that awful smell?" I whisper to myself as my feet hit the cold kitchen tile. "What smell darling?" says a grotesque grimm that's a shadow of my mother. All I can do is scream.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Al? Oh my god! She's awake! She's awake!" screams an excited Tori as I rub my eyes. "What the hell happened?" I say in between heavy breaths. "Just the grimm, but you'll be okay. They're working on curing you right now. Oh my god, we missed you.. Never ever do that again! How stupid are you to just run off by yourself? How could you? Never again!" She says, her mood shifting from excitement to anger. "Lay off her, babe. She can barely breath." Alex Deane laughs from behind her. "hey Al, glad to have you back." He smiles at me. I just fakely smile back and sigh. "Where are the others?" I ask at that very moment the rumble of many footsteps reaches my ears. "On their way apparently." I laugh as the rumble continues. "Al! Oh my fuck you're alive!"yells an excited Hendrix as he approaches. I'm immediately in his arms and he refuses to let go. "I love you."

"I love you too."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"We're not going anywhere until you're healed. Adrian, back me up here!" Hendrix argues with me once again. "Al, would you listen to him already? You know that I agree with him and you know he's being rational." Adrian interjects as I start to speak. "You know what...fine," I direct the next part at Hendrix, "You're sleeping alone." I love him, but I'm not happy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Get away from her! No! Al, I'm trying! I've got you, babe!" I hear Hendrix scream from the other room. I jolt up and run to him. "Hendrix, I'm here! It's alright! I'm here, I'm safe! It's okay!" I try to comfort and wake him. He sits up abruptly and as he sees me his face goes from worried to calm. He pulls me down onto the bed with him and doesn't let me go. "Never leave me again..." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I wake up to a warm breath tickling my neck, Hendrix. His arms wrapped securely around me and his head was buried in the crook of my neck. "Morning beautiful." says a sleepy Hendrix.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I'm going with you Al." Adrian commands as I'm packing He's been bugging me about it all day. "You know what...fine, it's your death wish." I sigh. 'Calm down. He only cares because he loves his little sister.' Vita finally breaks our block in communication. 'Oh my fuck! Vita you're okay!' I say excitedly. 'Yes, I'm really sorry. It wasn't safe for me to communicate with you.' She laughs. 'Thank God. You should know I thought the worst.' I say seriously. 'I'm very aware.' She responds.I just laugh and smile. "what's got you so happy?" Hendrix asks grumpily. "Hello to you too." I say, slightly put off. "I haven't seen you smile like that in weeks." He grumbles. "Are you unhappy with the fact that I'm in a good mood?" I ask confused. "No, I'm sorry. Just not a good day." Hendrix sighs. "I'm sorry. Anything I could do to help?" I ask. He simply nods and opens his arms for a hug, which I gladly accept. "Thank you." he whispers. I simply just hug him tighter. "I love you Alexandra." he whispers again before placing a kiss on my lips and getting back to packing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Delores...are you home?" I ask as I approach her tent. "Mommy!" I hear as a pair of small arms wrap around my legs. "Hey Celia."  I say with a sad smile, as Dolores walks out. "Hey Al! What brings you here?" she asks with a bright smile. "Can I have a word?" I ask seriously. "Of course, inside." She says motioning to the tent. "Alright...Celia, why don't you go wait at the base. I'll be there soon." I say as I hug her tightly. "So, what's going on?" Delores asks. "We're leaving, and I'm worried about how Celia is going to take it." I sigh. "I agree with you, she won't take it well." She sighs. "Is there anything I can do to make it better?" I ask. "Take her with you." She states. "What?" I gasp. "You heard me. She's not safe here."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~