Chapter 2

So, I walk in anyway and my mother rushes to hug me. Then, she looks over my outfit and frowns.

Then, 'lovingly' she says: "Sweetheart, we're having a party, you'll have to change."

I respond, "I will.", and kiss her cheek.

It's noon, what is this a teas party? I rush up the stairs to the room, where I stay for holidays and weekly visits. Then, I take a look at my closet, filled with gifts from my mother. I see an elegant black mermaid style dress that seems appropriate.

A/N: this is NOT what al necessarily looks like, this is just the dress and the hair, minus the flowers, this is the best I could find <3

My precious mother was wearing a black ball gown. So, I put it on with a pair of heels , that must be new because I have never seen them before.They are flowery pattern made of a simple white cloth, then I put on my antique pearl necklace and earrings set. Then, I put my wavy messed up hair into a waterfall braid, and do my make up.

I look at myself in the mirror and see who my mother wants me to be

"Wow! Look at you.", comes from behind me.

It's my brother, Adrian. I know it's cheesy, but my whole family has 'A' names. My mother is Alice, my Father is Aaron, you know Adrian, and Me: Alexandra. Anyways, he's twenty seven and is married to a 'pretty little redhead'. we are more of friends than siblings. He was in the academy while I was growing up and I was there by the time he got home. So, we've never fought in our lives, and don't plan to, yet. I'll leave the fighting to him and his 'wife'. It seems like he's home for a visit. He hugs me and says the usual , polite things to say; but then...

he says, "How's your boyfriend?"

It's a totally serious question and I hate him for it.

"You know he's not my boyfriend, right?"

"Oh yeah, that's right mother told me you were 'just friends'. I intend to change that, is he coming today?"

He runs off after that knowing that I'm mad.

"So, I call after him: "You're an ass, Adrian Aaron Dover!"

Then I go back to the closet to grab a sweater to wear. Then, I make my way downstairs, and like every other time my precious mother gasps when she sees me, and tells me I look 'amazing'. She tells me this all the time and I'm surprised she hasn't yelled at me yet. The doorbell rings and she answers, now I understand. There's a family with two boys about my age at the door. She knew I was going to visit; she's trying to set me up , with some pampered, priss of a guy. Cute and rich boys, but obnoxious and vain.Now, I have to call Eric.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The doorbell finally rings, two more guests have arrived and made their way to the ballroom; yes, we have a ballroom. I have been pacing in the front hall for about twenty minutes. I answer the door, he's wearing a suit with a white shirt and a white tie, just like I told him. Now we just have to look like a happy couple and hope Adrian doesn't have any ideas

"Okay, so...today you're my boyfriend."