Chapter One- part 2

Now, we are approaching the vault....

~~~~~~~~~

It's. huge. Literally giant, then our instructor starts to speak.

"I know it's a little over the top.", as if he read our minds.

Then, he begins to explain our assignment.

He says, "So, the point of this assignment is to 'save the president'. We have set up three bots in the vault. Find out which is the president. Shoot and disarm the others and get out without setting off the alarm, and you have to do it with these.", he says gesturing to the table behind him , filled with gear and gadgets.

"Oh, and remember not to set off the alarm going in either!", he says mostly to me with a wink, then he leaves.

He's known me since I started here and he graduated two years ago, so he knows how many times I had to retake tests because I set off the alarm. Hendrix is one of my best friends."You ready?", I Say.

"I sure as hell am", Eric smirks.

I laugh then follow him to the table. There we find blueprints and all we need to break in. Eric grabs the gear, we both grab guns, and go towards the best route to get into the safe, from the air vent above. Inside, the air is cool, I see three bots set up in the center surrounded by trip wires and laser beams. So, eric hooks me up to the rock climbing gear and lowers me down towards the bots, but these are no ordinary bots, one is dressed as the president and the others are automated grimms. Yeah, I know they sound stupid, but they fight like grimms, hurt like grimms, but automatically shut off before they kill you. the first time I was up against one it almost choked me to death. So, I signal Eric to stop lowering me and aim. I aim for the grimm on the left and shoot it straight through the head. then the other grimm noticed me. So, it runs, jumps, and grabs for my leg, but I kick it before it can get a good grip. Now, it stands under me and waits, looking up at me. I aim straight in between its eyes, then I shoot. It automatically shuts down, Thank God. Then, I go untie the president and we finish in a record time, twenty minutes. When we work together we are quick and we break a lot of time records, so I'm not surprised. Hendrix returns and says nothing, as protocol is. He leads us to the car and drives us back to the compound. I fall asleep on Eric's shoulder and wake when we get there. Hendrix tells us to to take today's training off our schedules and take the day to relax and visit our families. So, that's exactly what I'll do. I make my way to my apartment and put on a pair of jeans and a white tee shirt with my converse. then, I take my bag and my ID, so I can leave the compound, and I drive leisurely into the city. Taking the route that takes me through my favorite places, and then to my family's block The Dover's block, is where my entire well to do family lives. My double great grandfather, Gary Dover, was the mayor, who created the training center, or Dover Center. Where they send groups of well trained teens, like me, through the door and on a mission to the promise land. So, basically my family is full of 'rich celebrities'. Honestly, we're quite normal people compared to some I've met. Now I'm finally parked in the driveway, but it seems, that my parents are having a party and I'm totally underdressed. My. Mother. Will. Kill. Me.