Chapter Fifteen

I sat there in shock, once again, at what he was saying to me. "My lord, I am sure that she cannot promise anything of that sort until she has fully taken the throne." Tori interrupts. "And who is this, that you let speak for you?" He says alluding at Tori. "She is my Royal adviser. She keeps me on schedule." I say with a sarcastic smile. He just looks at me questioningly once again and then turns his attention to a servant, saying something about a feast.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We were, once again, rushed around all day to speak of plans or meet more dignitaries. Now I am being escorted back to my room. "Hari, is there anything else I must do today?" I ask as we walk into my room. "Yes, you must go to the ball the king is giving in your honor," he says quickly. "That man is too much!" I laugh. "Yes, but we love him anyways." Hari agrees. He has finally warmed up to me and seems relaxed as we speak. He tells me to sit on the bed, and I do, as he walks around the room preparing things to get me ready. "To the bathroom, Ms. Alexandra." Hari then says. I walk over and he begins styling my hair.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hari has finished getting my hair ready and rushes me down the hall. "Hari , my robes are in my room!" I say as he rushes me into a new room. "The tailors have been working on your new robe for the ball all day," he says. I look around and there's creatures running everywhere working on new vestments for many people. Hari leads me to the back of the room, and then I see it. A beautiful red, off the shoulder dress with a long train running down the back, a gold rope belt, and long decorative sleeves. It wasn't like anything I had seen before. "I cannot accept this!" I say in shock as Hari pushes me into a dressing room anyway. I put on the dress as Hari is finding jewelry and a crown he likes. I want to see myself in this wonder of a dress but Hari rushes in with a crown, necklaces, and a bracelet for me to put on. Each had large, red, glowing gemstones and were made of gold. "It's time, your majesty." Hari says as he takes me toward the large hall I came through when I first entered the castle. "Wait here until Hendrix comes and the doors are opened." Hari says and then rushes off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Is that you, Al?" I hear from behind me a while later. I turn around and see Hendrix standing there in kingly robes. I simply nod to him, and he stands there in awe. I just laugh and turn back around. Hendrix just comes to stand by me and we talk quietly until the doors start to open. I take Hendrix's arm and we walk slowly into the room, with all eyes on us. "Please welcome Queen Alexandra Marie Dover and her fiance Hendrix Redbrook." Someone announces as we walk into the large ballroom. "I hate this." I whisper to Hendrix as we continue inside. "I know darling, just pull through." he whispers as we approach the king. The king takes my hand once again and kisses it. Then he announces: "Let the festivities begin."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You see, we were on the boat traveling to Benteng Laut just this time last year when another group of humans had come. They were quite hostile, unlike you, your highness." A dignitary was explaining as we heard a loud crash and the breaking of glass. "Grimms! The Grimms are attacking!" Someone screamed. The king ran over, "What should we do?" he says. "Clear the room and get us some weapons and back up, we'll take care of it." I scream over the chaos. "We do not believe in the military approach! We don't keep weapons in the castle!" he screams back. "Then give me the swords from the mantel and get some weapons sent here as fast as possible, you twit!" I scream as he runs off to get what I asked for. I see grimms flooding into the now destroyed ballroom. The king comes back with an armful of swords giving each of us one and taking one for himself, but I stop him. "You go protect your people, go NOW!" I scream once again as the noise of the grimms gets closer. The king runs off and we run into the room the grimms seem to be destroying. I cannot believe what I am seeing. It's a horde of grimms, the largest I've ever seen. They're all shapes, sizes, ailments, and powers. "Hell, This is going to be a good time." I say sarcastically as I run to start my attack. I parry, block and strike as grimm after grimm is throwing itself at me. I continue to attack, hoping that the entire team will survive this. I feel a sharp pain on my neck, they've completely surrounded me. I look at my shoulder to see the rotting hands of several grimms grabbing my shoulder and arm. I let out a cry of pain and continue to fight. They're crowding me now, and it's making it harder and harder to ward off attacks. Now, I hear a large, ghastly cry coming from he crowd around me, and I see that many of the grimms are on fire. The backup is here. I get my second wind and I continues to fight until every last grimm around me lays dead, forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Oh my God, Alexandra Marie, don't you fucking dare tell me that you were their target!" Tori exclaims as she walks in to see the medics treating the grimm plague that covers my shoulders, neck, and arms. "Unfortunately, yes I was." I say with a small bitter laugh. She just sits down next to me, giving me a sympathetic smile as I wince in pain. They have been treating my wounds for the last half hour and with each step it gets slightly more painful.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Thank you all for saving myself and my people." The king says as we walk into the untouched throne room. "It is our job. There's no need to thank us." I say. We had all changed back into our travel clothes and repacked our bags, we are to leave now. "We are sad to see you go m'lady." I hear, softly, from behind me. " I will miss you as well, Hari." I say as I hug him. "Your highness, Hari will lead you to the door. May you have safe passage." the king interrupts as Hari leads us out of the room. "We must take a boat to the other side of town to get to the door, we must be careful." Hari says as we near the dock. Hendrix and I walk hand in hand behind him. "I'm glad we survived that...I don't know what I would do if..." Hendrix says with a sad look on his face. "Don't think like that. Just be happy that nothing happened." I scold him as we continue behind Hari. "You just worry me Babe, that's all." He says and Kisses my cheek as Tori pretends to gag behind us. "Oh fuck off." I say as we arrive at the docks. There's a ship waiting for us. We all board the ship and prepare for the journey.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"This is the worst part of town. The people here are mostly poor, or rebels for that matter. So, we must be careful and avoid attack." Hari says as we make our way off the ship. We walk through the empty streets, slowly but surely, making  our way towards where Hari says the door is. 'They're coming. Move quicker.' Vita tells me as I hear a loud crash behind me."Hari, we must hurry! The rebels are coming!" I whisper yell as the whole group bursts into a sprint. "The door is straight ahead, my Queen, Go! I will hold them off!" Hari says pulling out some odd weapon. "Be safe!" I yell as he runs off the way we came. We run forward to see a rusted shut door with a red light above it. "This the door?" Kristina says as as she steps up next to me. "Yeah, we have to open it somehow..." I say with a sigh as the rest of the group ran up to us. We start working on ways to open the door, when we hear gunshots. So, we all take out our weapons and prepare to fight.we run back towards the way we came, to see Hari running towards us with a group of creatures dressed in black tailing him, and firing strange weapons at him. we jump into action, and Hair and I work together fighting a couple of them. One of them comes to help his friends fight us. He fires his gun at me, but before I can do anything Hari jumps in front of me. I simply scream in rage and shoot each an every last one of the rebels that are left. "Hari...no,no,no,no...come on buddy stay with me...no..n-no,no,please no!" I sob as Hari drifts away. 'Why would he do this, Vita? Why?' I continue to sob as Hendrix comes to my side. 'Because, Al, he knew you were destined to save the world. He thought that was more important than his life.' She replies with a tone of sadness in her voice. "Al, we've got to go. More of them could be coming." Hendrix says trying to pull me away. "I will not leave his body here." I state matter-of-factly, knowing he won't comply. Hendrix simply throws me over his shoulder, knowing I won't struggle, as I sob. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once we got through the door, Hendrix put me down and just held me as I sobbed. I was starting to calm down, but I still can't believe that anyone would do that for me. why me? I'm just a girl from and insane dimension, that thinks they can save the world. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HELLO LOVELIES!!!!!

I know you're all either going to love me or hate me for this, so enjoy!

Read, Think, and Be Merry!

Merry Christmas!

<3--

AESMC Ulicny