Chapter Sixteen

"Al, we need to move on now. We have to go." Hendrix says as he helps me up from the ground. We start the journey through this horrible dimension. It's just like ours, except everything looks like a war zone. "What the hell happened here?" I ask as we climb the ruins of the city. "Hey, who're you and what're you doing in our territory?" I hear from behind us. "Lukas James?" I say as a boys who looks just like him jumps in front of us and the rest of his group surrounds us. "Who the fuck is that?" he asks pointing his gun at me. Hendrix instantly pulls a gun, which I didn't know he had, and steps in front of me. "Oh, fuck off, Rick, this isn't any of your business." He says as confusion sparks in Hendrix's mind. So, I take my hood down and step out with my hands up. "Marie? You're dead, I killed you. This can't be happening." He continues as we all start to take down our hoods. "Dean, we killed them just last week, this can't be happening." He says to another of his friends who looked just like Alex. "Well, I believe you have the wrong people. My name's Alexandra Dover, not Marie." I say hoping he'll spare us. But, oh boy, was I wrong. "Kill 'em." the boy who looks like Lukas says and they all start to push in. "Well, I guess we have no choice. Take them down." I told the group and the fight began all around me. "Whoever you think you are, you can't win this." Lukas' twin says as he approaches me. "Really? I beg to differ." I say with a cold hearted laugh. 'Behind you.' Vita tells me, so I shoot behind me and one of his goons drops dead. 'Thanks Vita. But, how did you know that?' I say. "Didn't like him anyway." Lukas' twin says snobbishly and lunges at me. I simply shoot him and go on to help Tori take care of the rest of them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

'Vita, you never told me how you knew that.' I try to send to her for the millionth time, but nothing comes through. We've been hiding in a destroyed bank since the fight. Most of us are wounded in one way or another, but at least we won. I have no clue what's going on here. It's like an alternate of our dimension, it seems that we have something like a twin here. 'Vita, why are you ignoring me? I need you! What's going on? What is this place?' I try to send her and again, but she seems to be blocking our contact. "Might as well just keep moving. We don't have time to heal perfectly. Don't you think, Al?" Alex asks me when he's trying to convince Hendrix to leave. "No, I think we need to rest. I mean, look at your girlfriend. She can barely walk at the moment. Kristina is basically in a coma, and I broke my good arm. We're staying here for at least two weeks."I rant angrily at him. "I agree with Al. We should and heal so we're stronger for whatever or whoever we have to face." Hendrix says as he puts an arm around me and plants a kiss on my temple.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"We need to go. We've been sitting ducks for two weeks, and whatever or whoever is hunting us is getting closer to us by the second." I say as everyone gathers in the main lobby of the building. Everyone grumbled and grunted back in response. It'd been two weeks, and I wasn't going back on my word. Alex had been annoying me about it all week, like he knows something I don't. We all slowly and carefully made our way out of the building. We were limping towards what seemed to be a distant town, and hope the people there were friendly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As we approached the town, a group of people began to form at the entrance to receive us. As we got closer a you girl ran towards us happily screaming: "It's my mother!" She runs up to me and hugs my side lightly. Then the rest of the group ran to us and hugged and celebrated. "Listen everyone, I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm Alexandra Dover from the primary dimension, and I'm here on a mission. I'm not Marie." I explained as they let us breathe. "You're the Alexandra Dover?" A red haired girl asked me, putting emphasis on the word 'the'. "Yes, that'd be me. And these are my friends. My fiance, Hendrix. My best friend, Tori. Then there's Caroline. Alex, Alison, Sam, Kristina, Seth, and Charly." I introduce the team. "It's an honor to have you, please go inside and get some rest." The redhead says, gesturing to a nearby building. As we walk off towards the building I hear her command: "Someone go get Aaron and Angie, they have something for the queen."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Al, you've got to rest sometime. "You haven't slept in days, no offense, but you're a wreck, in a cute way babe." Hendrix says as I pace the length of the hallway. "I'll be fine, it's just that I don't trust them." I say worriedly, as I continue to pace. He stays silent and simply watches me. "You're not helping anyone relax, ya know. With your constant nervous pacing." He once again starts. "Shove off." I tell him, as I stop in front of him, giving an annoyed look. "What? I can't be concerned for my soon-to-be wife?" he says jokingly pouting at me. I just roll my eyes and resume my pacing. Hendrix didn't get the message, and continued to stand in his doorway. "Just go to bed H." I say as I pass him again. He simply complies because he knows I can't be reasoned with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Al? Al? Wake up!" says a somewhat worried Tori. She found me asleep in a chair set outside their rooms in the beginning of the hallway. "Is everything okay?" someone says from behind us. "Yeah everything's fine, Hendrix." I say, completely disregarding his concern. "I'm sorry to ask, but who's Hendrix?" say Hendrix's twin, who I assume to be Rick. "I am so sorry, you must be Rick. You look, and sound, an awful lot like my fiance." I say with a small, embarrassed smile. "It's alright. I'm just here to escort you to a private meeting with our leaders." He replies. "Of course, may I bring Victoria with me?" I ask. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind." He states and then starts to walk out, gesturing for us to follow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sir?" Rick asks after knocking on the door. After a few moments we hear a faint reply and the door opens to reveal another redhead and a man who has his back to us. "Come in, please, sit down!" she says kindly. "Thank you." I mutter as I sit and motion for Tori to join me. the man stays quiet and continues to keep his back to us. I swear I've seen him before. He's got just above shoulder length black hair, he's extremely tall, and is wearing an extremely worn black leather jacket. "Ms. Dover, we have a great many things we'd like to discuss, but first we would like to present you with a gift." She continues. She hands me a small black box that I open, which reveals a ring. "It's beautiful, but what does this have to do with me?" I ask. The man speaks, for the first time, saying: "It was your grandmother's. She left it here for us to give it to you when it was your time." That voice, I've heard it it before. The same droning, monotone, the same snobbish annoyance. The man turns around and reveals his true self.