Chapter Ten

After my experience with the boys they took me back home and dropped me in the garden. I waked back to The apartment and Hendrix wasn't there. So, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast. I simply scrambled some eggs, made French toast and then put the bacon in the oven and left everything else on the stove so it'd stay warm. Then, I heard the door open and there was Alex, Tori, and Hendrix completely out of breath And sweaty. "Where were you?!?", they simultaneously yelled as they clobbered me with hugs. "I went for a walk, I can't do that?", I laughed as they finally let go of me. "We thought someone from the rebellion had taken you or something, I was scared shitless!", Hendrix almost yelled at me. I could tell he was worried but I knew he would be fine. I was only out for an hour or so and I was home safe the rest he didn't need to know about. "I made breakfast.", I laughed trying to change subject, then all of them shot me dirty looks and went to the kitchen to eat.
~~~~~~~
"Hey, I've got some good news and bad news.", Hendrix said from the doorway to my room. He had just gotten home from a meeting and I could tell nothing too big had been happening lately, so this should be interesting. "Ok shoot", I said confident that it wouldn't be too bad. "Alright", he said walking across the room and sitting down on the bed to face me,"they want us to leave for the promised land in two days and I think we're ready, that's the bad news. The good news is that...", he trailed off. I was curious and I didn't want to push him so I simply waited for him to continue. "The good news isn't really all that great,... They've put Eric on list for the firing squad!", he blurted out. I don't know how to feel. He was my best friend and knows everything about me. Though, Why would I feel bad for someone who tried to kill me? All I could do was stand there speechless.

~~~~~~~
A/N: HEY GUYS! I'm so excited to get some more great chapters out but I'm so sorry that they're so short. I'm just trying to readjust myself to writing. So thanks for reading!
Read, Think, and Be Merry!
<3-- AESMC Ulicny