Chapter Seventeen

"Adrian Aaron Dover? Please tell me you're fucking  joking." I say as I see my brother's face. "No, I'm not. I'm sorry about the party and the insults, by the way. When I sent the other 'Adrian' back, I didn't think he'd be such a jerk." He says. "So wait, that wasn't you, but it was? Please explain to me what the hell is going on!" I say. I am so confused, upset, sad, happy, angry, jealous, and so many more emotions right now. What is my brother doing?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I don't want to talk about this, Adrian!" I say as my brother continues to anger me. he wants to talk about my engagement, but he won't tell why he's been in another dimension for the past year. "Why not? You should tell your big brother that you're getting married!" he practically yells at me. "Adrian Aaron Dover, I've said this once and I'll say it again. Do not cross me. I know over a hundred different ways to kill you and I will not hesitate to use my favorites if I please!" I yell back and stomp off to take a break from everything.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"She needs time. She watched so many people die, she's had to make the hardest decisions, and she's barely kept her head on her shoulders. Trust me, I love her as much as you do, and I miss how things used to be, but this journey changes people. She's not the little girl you knew, she's Al, she's...my Al!" I hear Hendrix say from around the corner. "I can't just leave my baby sister be. How can you-" Adrian was cut off. "I know it's hard, but please for me. And if not for me then for her." Hendrix says as I walk away. I love them both, but sometimes they just stick another pin in y pin cushion of a heart. I walked out of the camp and walked to a grassy, tree-spotted hill. I sat at the top of the hill staring away from the camp and at the rubble around my little oasis. "My mother used to love to come here too." the little girl, from before, says startling me. "It's very beautiful here. May I ask your name?" I ask as she sits down next to me. "I'm Celia." she says, briefly smiling up at me. "How old are you, Celia?" I continue to question her. "I'm only six, but my birthday is in two months, so I'm almost seven." she responds excitedly. "How old was your Mother?" I ask in surprise at her age. "How old are you?" She says as she mischievously raises an eyebrow at me. I just smirk back and respond, "Old". She just giggles at me, and for a moment we sit in comfortable silence. "Who's the boy I see you with all the time?" She asks out of the blue. "That's Hendrix." I reply with a small laugh as I pull my knees to my chest. "Is he your boyfriend?" she asks as she scoots closer to me. "Yeah, something like that..." I say with a smile. After that, we fall into a comfortable silence as Celia rests her head on my shoulder.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Celia? Wake up, hun. It's almost sun down." I say as I shake Celia. She simply grumbles back at me, and turns to face away from me in her tired stupor. "Fine, then I guess I'll carry you." I whisper irritatedly as I lift her sleeping form bridal style. I start back towards the camp as the sun starts to set. The walk is difficult with her small body in my arms, seeing as I'm trying not to wake her. I reach the edge of the camp by nightfall. Hendrix takes Celia from my arms and orders me off to bed. Orders I will gladly follow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Take a chill pill Al" Hendrix lectures me once again. "It's just a run, I'm not jumping off a cliff." I say slightly angrily as he takes hold of my arm. "Yes, but it's your third run today." Hendrix continues. "I can't take a run after each meal? Then come with me if you're so worried!" I say with anger rising in my voice. "What's with you lately?" Hendrix says as his face goes from angry to severely concerned. "What do you mean? Nothing's changed!" I lie. "Al, please just go back inside and relax, for me?" He pleads. "Fine, but you owe me." I mumble unhappily. "Don't worry, I'll pay you back." He says with a mischievous smile.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey Al?" Celia asks as she tugs on my sleeve. "Yes, Celia?" I ask, looking down at her expectantly. "Will you and your friends play hide and seek with me?" she asks as she makes puppy eyes at me. "Well I'd love to play. Why don't you ask them?" I suggest. She nods and then goes around the room tugging on everyone's sleeves. Each one smiles down at her and, eventually, says yes and we start the game.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"One, two, three..." Hendrix's counting fades as Celia and I run off, her tiny hand in mine. We run down the hallway and as we round the corner I run into someone. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." Says Dolores, Tori's twin and Celia's aunt. "No, it was my fault, it's all good." I laugh. She notices Celia and smiles. 'Just the little girl I was looking for, time to go." She says sweetly. Celia lets go of my hand to take Dolores' as they walk off. Just before they exit the hallway, Celia turns and gives me a tiny wave goodbye. "That's not much of a hiding place, babe." Hendrix says from behind me. "I know, Dolores took Celia home." I laugh. "Alright, should we find the others?" Hendrix asks. "No, they'll figure it out." I say and link arms with him as we walk back down the hallway. I love him too much.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Jumps an excited Tori onto Hendrix and I. "Tori, ten more minutes please!" I mumble as I pull the blankets over my head. "Come on! It's our day to go on an adventure." she says. "It's our day to look for the door, it's dangerous and life threatening." I say, sitting up unhappily. She just smiles at me, then gets up and walks away smugly. "Get up Hendrix. There's no use sleeping more, she'll just come back." I laugh as I hit Hendrix with my pillow. He immediately grabs my waist and pulls me back down onto the bed with him. "You're staying right here." He mumbles with a smile.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Alright it's time to go." I yell over the noise of the team. "Follow me closely,and if we get separated you are to return to the camp. You meet a hostile, you return to camp. You injure yourself, you call for one of us and then return to camp. Understood?" I lecture. They simply nod and mumble yes's back. "Don't worry it'll be a good day." Tori tries to reassure me. "I hope so. I just have this gut feeling that something is going to go wrong." I respond. "I hope you're wrong..." She mumbles as she pushes me out the door.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today was a disaster. Half of the team was attacked by hostiles and we lost Sam. She was a good friend and a good soldier. I'm so sorry it had to be this way. What's with this world? It's like it is taking us one by one while the others watch. "We're under attack! Grimms! Find the kids! Get inside! Save yourselves!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~