Chapter 7

"When Eric tried to kill me, they brought me back here instead of home. It was so someone who wanted to hurt me couldn't find me. I've been staying here since then. That's why you couldn't 'see me' in the hospital wing after the accident. That's why you shouldn't be seeing me now, you shouldn't know I'm here", I said to Victoria grimly. "Should I go?" she said feeling guilty for finding me. "No, you're my best friend, I need you still..." I said smiling at her. "Fine, now tell me all about life at Hendrix's" she said playfully. We spent the rest of the day catching up and enjoying each other's company.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Knock, knock, am I interrupting anything? I"m the only one who is supposed to let people in you know," Hendrix said half seriously. "Oh come on," I said, "it's just Tori..." Then, he said playfully, "Alright, but she can't be here all the time. I still want my time alone with you." "Fine." I flirted. We both laughed, and Tori looked up at me confused. "What is going on here?" she said with a smile playing on her lips. "It looks like yo already know!" Hendrix said jokingly. Then we all threw our heads back and alaughed. Then, we all sat on the couch to watch a movie. Hendrix to my right, Victoria on my left, and myself snugly in the middle. We watched for awhile, I finally felt quite normal again. Then, someone rang the doorbell. "Hide!" Hendrix hissed at us. So we ran to the guest bedroom. I got in bed, but pushed Victoria into the closet first. Then, several military men stormed into my room and wouldn't let Hendrix inside. "Have you chosen a team?" it was the mayor. Way to keep me on the 'down low', Mayor Deane. "Yes. I want Tori, Seth, Charly, and Hendrix, Kristina, Sam, Angela, Alex, and Summer." I stated. "You want my son?" he said flabbergasted. "Yes, Alex Deane is a good man." I said kindly. "We'll be back for you in two weeks, by then you should all be ready." he said snarkily. "Shall I inform them or are you?" I said mockingly. "I will inform my son and only my son." he spat, he and his military unit then left. Tori finally came out of the closet and moments after they left Hendrix came running to ask, "What was that? Are you okay?" then he kissed me. "You are both on my team for the promised land that's what they came to negotiate about." I stated. "Who else is going?" they asked simultaneously. I started to list all the people I had named: "Other than you two there's Angela, Alex, Alison, Sam, Kristina, Seth, Charly, and-" they cut me off, "you want to bring the 14 year old?!?" they screamed at me. "Yes, Charly is my cousin and I trust her trained skills. She's a natural tracker..." I said wincing at the thought of them yelling at me again. "That makes a little more sense..." Hendrix said trying to convince himself to agree with me. "It's true, she is in tracking classes for the superior levels...I guess you have a point." Tori said, actually agreeing with me. That seemed to play through Hendrix's mind, but he finally was on board with the idea. Then, it was their job to go around and alert everyone, then we all crammed into Hendrix's small apartment. "So, we need to prepare for what's out there, there's something out there, or someone, creating grimms everyday. We need to pick our weapons carefully. We need to be at our most fit, smart, and fast in two weeks, can you all do that?" I was trying to sound like a leader, when in all honesty I wasn't one. There were all nodding at me. Alex then said: "My father is wary of us going, we need to prove him wrong. I propose a training schedule." "That's fine for you, but unfortunately I can't lead training from the apartment..." I retorted.

Then Hendrix stepped up,"How about this: Al and I will come up with a training course, I will lead training, then throughout the next couple of weeks you will come and have a session with Al...What do you think?" There was a chorus of agreeing mumbles and grunts. "Then it's settled, your first session starts tomorrow, at 7am!" I said. Now there was a lot of objections so I say, "Shut up, or it will be 12 hours of training, now get out!" they all left, so Hendrix and I started planning a training schedule. Our main subjects would be: physical combat, using your surroundings, weapons, tracking, and most of all defense. Tomorrow he would train them all and then Tori would come over. I guess it's settled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"No offense to you, Hendrix, but I want to leave this fucking apartment." I said. He ignored me completely. "Hendrix, do you even have ears I'm damn right bored, come talk to me!" "What the hell do you want Ms. I need attention?" "I'm just dying of boredom! Help me please!" I pouted flirtatiously. "Are you really dying of boredom, or do you just want to spend time with me?" "A little bit of both," I said with a smile on my face. Hendrix came to sit with me and I shared my blanket with him. "Why are you so beautiful?" he asks in almost a whisper. "Why are you so handsome?" I countered playfully. "Why are you so damn stubborn?" he teased, "Because I can be..." I stated and put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes to drift off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bam! Bam! Bam! Someone was pounding on the door. I went to get up to see who it was, but Hendrix stopped me "Let me," he said as if it were a question. So, I sat back down and let him get it. It was Tori, she was ranting and panicking and I could understand what she was saying. Then, the second she saw me she ran over and hugged me. "It's Eric..." she sobbed. "What?" Hendrix said in that low angry voice. "Eric's....back." she sobbed, "he's back in the compound." "Why the hell would they let him back here?" I said in fear, then sobbed into her shoulder.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~