Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)

"What?" I scream as Charly explains what's going on. "They're gone, simply gone, when I woke up this morning I knocked on Kristina's door. There was no answer. So, I knocked again and there still wasn't an answer. So then, I went in and all her things were gone. I then ran and checked everyone's rooms. They were the same. They're all gone. I'm sorry...." She rambles. No. This cannot be happening, not this. Where could they be? What're they doing? Could they be dead? They've gotta be dead. NO! NO! NO! ANYTHING BUT DEAD! "Please not dead...please not dead...please not dead..." I say to myself as I pace back and forth. "Al? Al?" Pleads Charly as I continue. Then, out of nowhere, I'm engulfed into a frail hug from her little arms. "It's all going to be okay..." she whispers to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Where is the head guard?" I ask Leheronke as she enters my room. "What do you mean by this?" She asks. "Half of my company went missing this morning, so I wish to interrogate your head guard and anyone who was awake in the castle from sundown last night to sunrise this morning. Is that clear?" I ask her, annoyed with her questioning. "Yes m'lady right away." She says timidly as she exits, scared that I may snap again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Do not bother the mistress at this time. We will escort her to the temple of the guard." I hear from outside my cracked-open door. "But there is something she must know." The voice, that I can only place with Seth says. After over hearing this, I run over to my bed and pretend to be asleep, so that whoever enters doesn't know I was eavesdropping. "M'lady? Please wake up, the royal guard is here to escort you." A maid says, lightly tapping my shoulder. I fake getting up and thank her so that I may visit the temple of the guard.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Who was on guard from sundown to sunrise last night? Have you, or they, seen any of my company? And why wasn't their safety your main priority?" I interrogate the captain. "Your highness, I swear that I know no more more than what I've told you. A group of assailants from your world attacked, and took them away. We tried to defend your company and we killed as many of them as we could, but it just wasn't enough." He sighs. At his speech, I can't help but be angry. "Did you or did you not hear me? You are to protect my people to your best ability, and even better than your best. You will launch an investigation and you will not give up until I know they're alright. Do you understand me?" I growl as I grab him by the collar of his uniform. "Y-yes...I-I-I u-understand, ma'am-er- I mean y-your highness." He stutters as I release him, then he bows and hurries away. Sometimes power and respect can be useful, but I hope I never have to use it like this again. "Is that the last of them?" I ask Hendrix as he walks in swiftly. "Not exactly...there's another out there, but I sent Seth to talk to you about this before and he was unsuccessful." He says with that stressed look on his face. "Well, we've got time. Why don't you explain it to me while we spend some time together?" I ask as I wrap my arms around him to try to calm him. He returns the gesture, but he still seems a bit off. "There's a man out there...He claims he knows you, hell, he says he practically kidnapped you once. He says he came here to try to stop that group of hostiles. He claims he has good intentions and that he knows you. I have never met him before, but he doesn't seem like a threat to me, but I want you to be safe...as do the rest of us. What do you think?" He explains as we walk towards the door. "I want to meet this man, with others, for security." I say as the door opens and I see the charming smile I know all too well. "Double-oh-seven huh? This is the first and last time I'll say this: It's good to see you, Lukas James..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~