Chapter 2

chapter 2-

Kellins POV:

september 14, 2050

We were brought to a field where the helicopter landed. We got out and ran over to a steel door sticking out of the ground. It wasn't really a door it was more like a hole in the ground with a giant handle and a key hole on it. My dad took a key out of his bag and put it in the hole and turned it. he turned the giant handle and it opened. I climbed in after him and closed the door.

When we got into the giant room of people they all turned their attention to us as we walked in.

"Stay here Kellin." My dad walked around and started talking to some men. I stood their looking around at everything. Most of the people here were just typing on computers, some were taking calls and others were at tables fixing and building. Just then someone slammed the door opened.

"Mr. Bostwick! It's complete! We finally got it to work!" The man was kind of tall and he had glasses and a lab coat. As soon as he said that my dad ran passed him into the door that the man entered through. I was curious to see what he was talking about so I ran into the room. All that was there was a table with some computer and my dad standing around it with some of his workers. What was so amazing about this?

"Dad what's going on?" I said standing at the door. My dad, not realizing I was there, looked up and walked over to me.

"It's nothing, Go back into the main room." I was about to walk away when the man wearing the lab coat started talking.

"No wait. We could use him! It would work!" My dad didn't look happy with that idea. I didn't even know what he was talking about but I don't know why the fuck he thinks I can do it.

"Are you fucking crazy?! I'm not letting my son take part in this." My dad said, sounding mad.

"What is this thing anyway?" I said quietly and shyly.

"It's a time machine. We have been working for 30 years and we have finally got it to work." The man said.

"Well, why do you want me to use it?" I said.

"Because you're 17. You're about the same age as Victor Fuentes was in 2013. In which was the year before he joined the army and that's when he started this war. So, we want to send someone there to kill him." The man said. What the fuck is wrong with this guy? He wants to send me back in time to kill the guy that started this war. Wait.... if I killed him everything would be different, there would be no war.

"Wait, why can't one of you go and kill him?" I said.

"Because we need someone to go there and gain his trust. We can't just go there into his school or his house and kill him and then come back to our time. It takes about 1 or 2 months to regenerate the time machine so if anyone found Victor dead they would look for suspects and if we were caught we would be sent to prison. And it would be hard to be sent home from prison. They wouldn't let us

get through."

I wasn't sure at this point if I wanted to do it or not but my dad had a different idea. "My son can't live on his own there. He doesn't even know what it's like there."

"Well you can only send one human at a time and if we sent him first, it would take a long time to send you. But the future can depend on him. If he fixes this, he can save the future." The man said. At this point I actually wanted to go. I mean... like... it's not my dad's choice it's mine.

"Dad... maybe I should do it. Like... it could change everything. Im sure I could find a way to live and stuff." I said in a somewhat nervous tone.

"But Kellin, you don't know what it's like there. You have never been to school or anything like that. You don't even know what a mall is." I don't know why but that kind of offended me.

"Well then I can learn. Trust me, if I can change the history of the past 40 years then I want to do it." I was thinking of how I could get back to my time and everything would be different. There would be houses, neighborhoods, cars, places to go, and people to be with.

"Are you sure?" my dad said. I could tell he was being dead serious so I had to make my final decision. "Yes i'm sure." I said.

The man in the lab coat broke the tension by saying "Good. So lets get started. You will need money to buy clothes and food. And here..." He handed me a piece of paper with a writing on it. I read it.....

Dear Mr. Richardson,

I have sent this person to from year 2050 to now which is year 2013. I want you to take care of him and enroll him in public high school. He will only be with you for about a month or two. I have given him money for clothes and necessities he may need. His job is to kill a high school student that turns out to destroy the world in the future. I know this is all new to you but I need you to do this. The future could depend on this task that you must accomplish.

sincerely, you from 2050

"What is this?" I asked him.

"I wrote a letter to myself for instructions. The address is on the back. We were lucky because I lived in the same town Victor Fuentes did. I can send you to a place near my house." He said as he started packing me stuff to bring.

"Okay Kellin, remember... you need to gain his trust. Make sure you can be alone with him when you kill him. You have a month or two so be careful. We will come get you then. Okay?" My dad looked like he was about to cry which made me wanna cry.

"Okay." I said with a trembling voice.

"I love you, Kellin." My dad said as he hugged me.

"I love you too, dad." I said hugging him back.

"Well.." Mr. Richardson said, "It's ready."