Chapter 9

Chapter 9-

May 23, 2013

Kellin's POV:

Shit. It's Monday.

I rubbed my eyes and rolled out of bed. It was 6am so I had to get ready for school. I immediately checked my phone to see if I had any messages from Vic. I had one that was received 10 minutes ago. It said 'Do you want a ride to school?' I actually didn't know if I wanted a ride from him or not. I was kind of scared to face him. I haven't seen him since the party that night but apparently I was drunk, which was what Kevin explained to me. He said that when drunk, you can do stupid things without any judgement, and you might not remember it.

I walked into the bathroom thinking about what happened Friday night. I didn't remember much, like Kevin said I wouldn't. I remember going to the party with Vic and his friends and then I met Jenna, and we kissed. But then she ran away. After that I walked outside and saw Vic standing on the front lawn. But I don't really remember anything after that. I know that Vic drove me home, because Kevin told me.

The next day I woke up feeling horrible. I went to the toilet and threw up..... a lot. It was a fucking nightmare. The rest of that weekend, all I did was sleep, watch TV, and sleep again. I turned off my phone because I didn't want to get any texts from Vic because I was kind of embarrassed to speak to him. But when I turned it on I only had 4 messages from him and 2 missed calls.

I still had my phone in my hand. I stared at the text for a minute before replying. 'Sure. I wanna talk about Friday night' I typed. I was kind of scared to talk to Vic about the party, but I really wanted to know what happened. I turned on the sink water and splashed my face with it to wake me up. I took my toothbrush and applied the toothpaste to it. While brushing my teeth Kevin walked in.

"Hey do you need a ride to school?" he asked.

"No, Vic is giving me a ride." I said.

"Oh, Vic. That's the guy your supposed to kill right?" he asked. I knew that he already knew that it was the person I was supposed to kill but I could tell he was trying to make a point.

"Um, yea that's him. I thought you already knew that...." I said pulling off my shirt and searching through my drawers for a clean one.

"Well you have been spending a lot of time with him. But you seem like you're not showing much hatred towards him. I know that your mission is to befriend him and then kill him but it doesn't seem like you're working on a plan to actually kill him." he said. He was kind of right. I hadn't made a plan to kill him yet. Every time i'm with him, I completely forget about my mission. I just feel.... normal around him, like I have lived in this time my whole life.

"I have a plan. It just takes time." I said acting like I was sure of myself. Of course I could kill him. It's not like I forgot about all the shit he caused. But I still liked hanging out with him. I also loved the way he smiled and laughed, he was just so cute. I know I shouldn't think about him like that, but I can't help it.

"Okay. Well it's 6:30 so hurry up." he said before walking out. I looked back down at my phone. I got another message from Vic, 'Same, I'll pick U up at 6:45.' I read the message, then got up and put on jeans and sneakers. I walked downstairs, checking my phone. Realizing it was 6:43 I took out the orange juice and poured it into a cup and drank it quickly before grabbing my bag and running out the door.

I walked outside, seeing that Vic's car was already there. I saw him sitting in there on his phone waiting. I walked over and knocked on the car window. He looked up and smiled.

"Hey. Get in." he said rolling down his window. I opened the door and put my bag in the back seat.

"So listen, Vic, I wanna talk about Friday night." I said nervously. I was honestly scared to hear what he would say.