Chapter 16

Chapter 16-

May 28th, 2013

Kellin's POV:

Dead. He's dead.

"No." I muttered.

"I'm so sorry." the doctor said.

"No, he can't be dead." I said.

"I'm afraid that he is." the doctor said trying to sound as nice and calm as possible.

"Oh shit." I muttered to myself. I sat back down on the waiting chair and broke out into tears. Vic sat down next to me and put his hand on my back. I put my face in my hands and sobbed. So this must be what it's like to murder someone.

"I'm so sorry Kellin. I dragged you into this mess." he said. I could hear his voice getting raspy so I think he was about to cry too.

"It's not your fault Vic! It's mine! It's all my fault!" I yelled.

"Shh, baby it's okay." He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's not okay." I said. He sighed knowing that my statement was true. "I want to see him." I said. I stood up and opened the door to Danny's room. I took a deep breath before walking in. As I walked in I saw the end of Danny's bed and I already started crying. As I got closer I saw his lifeless body, laying there on the bed.

"Oh my god," I said before burying my face into Vic's chest. He hugged me and tried to comfort me. I balled my eyes out as he kissed my forehead. I turned around and looked at Danny. His eyes were closed and his skin was very pale.

Just then, a family bursted through the door. A man and a woman and a younger-looking girl ran in. They all started crying immediately. The woman turned to us, her eyes were red and puffy and she looked very angry.

"I'm sorry. We should go." I said. I pulled Vic out of the room and practically dragged him down the hallway. When we got all the way down to his car I let go of him and put my head down on the hood of it. I sobbed even more and Vic put his arms around my waist. He kissed my neck which actually felt good but I was to upset to react.

"Did you see that?" I asked Vic.

"See what?" he asked. I turned around to face him.

"That look. The look his Mom gave us before we left the room. Can you imagine how his family feels? How this will effect them? He may have been a bad person but he had a family and people that loved him! And now he's gone and it's because of me." I explained.

Vic pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back, "It's gonna be okay Kellin. I promise you that, darling you'll be okay." he said.

"That was cute." I said smiling a little.

"My mom used to say that to me when I was upset." he said.

"Well it's cute when you say it." I said.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked into my eyes. Even his beautiful brown eyes made me feel safe, "Darling you'll be okay." he said. He pressed his lips against mine and pulled me closer to him. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and sat me down on the hood of his car. I wrapped my legs around him and deepened the kiss.

He pulled away and smiled, "Do you want to come back to my house?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I kind of want to go home." I said.

"Then I'll drive you home." he said.

We got into the car and Vic drove me home. When we pulled up to my house I turned to Vic. He was already leaning toward me. He pressed his lips against mine softly. I kissed him back, practically melting against him. I would've deepened this kiss but I wanted to savor the sweetness. He put his hands on my cheeks and I giggled a little. He smiled and pulled away. Our faces were still close and he looked at me with hid beautiful dark eyes looking straight into mine.

"Are you sure your gonna be okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah, I'm sure. But thank you." I said.

"Anytime, babe." he said. Hehehe babe. I loved hearing him say that.

I gave him a kiss and said 'goodbye' before getting out of the car. I walked up to the door and opened it. As much as I wanted to be with Vic, I needed some time alone. When I got into the house I saw Kevin sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey." I said. He turned to me and waved.

"Hey. Where were you?" he asked.

"I was just out with Vic." I said, trying to avoid the fact that I had just killed someone. The thought of it made me sick.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, "You sure are spending a lot of time with Vic." he said.

"Well, yeah. Isn't that part of my mission?" I asked.

"Yeah, but not the way your doing it." he said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked defensively.

"Well, you're getting kind of close with him. And your mission is to kill him. Are you sure you want to do this anymore?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." I lied. To be honest, I didn't want to do this. I really liked Vic and I didn't want to lose him.

"No, you're not Kellin. I can tell." Kevin said.

"Yes I am! I was sent here to kill him and I will proceed with my mission. I just have to wait a little longer. You'll see." I stated.

"Okay, fine. Whatever you say." he said. He walked into the kitchen. I got angry so I walked upstairs and slammed the door behind me. I hated how right he was. I groaned angrily and sat down on the bed. I bent down and took out the file under the bed. It was Vic's file of information. It had a picture of what he looked like in year 2050, the letter that my Kevin sent to his past self and a description of Vic. Just somethings like his birthday and some background information. It also had my mission written down on it. I sighed and put it back under the bed.

I sighed and flopped onto my back on the bed. Even though it was early in the day I felt so tired. There was so much on my mind. Like Vic, Danny, my mission, my past, my dad. Oh my god.....my dad. What was he gonna do if he sees me and Vic together? I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm supposed to kill Vic before he arrives, but what if I can't do it? I rested my head onto the pillow and tried to get a good sleep just to take my mind off things.